Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:39:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

"All righty then." Jim Carrey

Started by gene, September 03, 2011, 03:08:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

scottymc

As an outsider looking in, your right to bare arms has really baffled me, that sign says so much about the person who erected it.

kodydog

That's great Gene. On the way to a customers house I noticed signs all pointing to one particular house. A closer look read, "a sex offender lives here". The house had a for sale sign up and three months later he was gone.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

bobbin

The right to bare arms is a good deal different than the right bear arms.  Or arm bears.  ;)

i have to say the right to an armed citizenry is central to the idea that the government is "of and by the people".  And it's important and central to the founding documents of our country that that right is discussed and upheld.  How we, as a nation, decide to stick to the "letter of the law" with respect to that particular amendment (#4) to the Constitution of the United States will likely be debated long after I've drawn my last breath. 

To outsiders the debate seems silly, but if you're an American it isn't!  It is central to our personal rights and while personal feelings change with the times the greater issue has remained pretty straightforward in every case that has landed before the courts at a state and Federal level.  As an American it is my legal right to keep and bear arms.  That is so that no government of my country may coerce and force me into subjugation.  It is also a sure-fire way to ensure that no other sovereign government can easily overpower my government and therefore easily subjugate me.  Naturally, the subject of control arises and remains a very hot topic.  But the right to keep and bear arms is central to who we are as a country. 

Eric

bobbin

Thanks Eric, it's Article 4!  my error. 

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on September 03, 2011, 04:11:25 pm
On the way to a customers house I noticed signs all pointing to one particular house. A closer look read, "a sex offender lives here". The house had a for sale sign up and three months later he was gone.

I'm certainly not going to defend sex offenders. But why don't we ever see a sign that says "A murderer lives here" ?  I think I'd rather take my chances with a sex offender living next door, than a murderer, an arsonist, or a gang of drug dealers.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

scottymc

Well I see a sign like that and I see someone that is bullying his neighbor because he is not like minded, which is scary cause the bully owns a gun.

RiCat

I believe in gun control...... I want to hit what I aim at   ;)

Rick

scottymc

Quote from: sofadoc on September 03, 2011, 05:14:51 pm
Quote from: kodydog on September 03, 2011, 04:11:25 pm
On the way to a customers house I noticed signs all pointing to one particular house. A closer look read, "a sex offender lives here". The house had a for sale sign up and three months later he was gone.

I'm certainly not going to defend sex offenders. But why don't we ever see a sign that says "A murderer lives here" ?  I think I'd rather take my chances with a sex offender living next door, than a murderer, an arsonist, or a gang of drug dealers.

We had a "sex offender" in our town, it was a small town so there was no need for a sign, it was not quite clear on what he did but plenty of rumours. It seemed like a good excuse for normally nice people to act like outright a__holes with the backing of the community, interesting and sad to watch.    

Mojo

Thank you Bobbin for a clear and to the point post.

I am a gun owner as well as a CCW permit holder. I carry a 9mm but my love for guns comes at the range. There is no better stress reliever for me then packing up all my guns and heading to the range for a morning of shooting and competition. God Bless this great nation for allowing me to be able to do that.

Scotty. In Florida ( as well as several other States ) we have what is referred to as the Castle law. This law states that I have the right to shoot and kill any intruder who may break into my home. This law also extends to my car and my RV. In addition, since I am a concealed weapons permit holder I have the right to save my life or that of another by shooting someone I witness committing a forcible felony and who is armed with a weapon.

To outsiders you would think we were all a bunch of cowboys but in reality 98 % of gun laws are broken by criminals, not your average citizens. I have never had to so much as unholster my weapon. In Australia they took your guns away. Now the only ones who have guns are the criminals. In the USA 70 % of homes have guns which is why our home invasion and robbery statistics are so low.

I would hate to think what our crime statistics would be like if we were not allowed to own guns. They are a major part of our heritage.

Chris

Mike8560

Quote from: Mojo on September 04, 2011, 04:41:21 am

Scotty. In Florida ( as well as several other States ) we have what is referred to as the Castle law. This law states that I have the right to shoot and kill any intruder who may break into my home. This law also extends to my car and my RV.
Chris

I wonder if that golds true in. Boat also
me  not a gun owner. Not against it
I k kw many boaters
also carry onboard anchored in a cove dark at night or mine off shore and to have a boat aproach you from the distance  could be anybody. Didntounhead of thebcharter boat out of Miami where the captians and crew were  dumped in the ocean ?

Mojo

There is still some piracy taking place in the Carribean. Mainly drug cartels who steal boats from owners, dumping their bodies over the side.

Yes you can carry a weapon in your boat. As a matter of fact they had a special on boat safety which included a shotgun designed for boaters. This show was on Ship Shape.

Chris

kodydog

In my rural neighborhood every homeowner has a gun. Even the 80 year old lady down the street. If you don't have one when you move here we'll give you one. It's not unusual to hear gun fire (target practice) all hours of the day. Our crime rate is 0%.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Gene's pic reminded me of a front yard sign in my town. The house is surrounded by barbed wire with a sign that says the property is protected by ex-Marines. The sign says "YOU WILL BE CHALLENGED--YOU WILL BE STOPPED!!
The owner of the house is this guy:
http://www.upi.com/topic/Donald_Lee/
He drives an old Trans Am that's covered bumper to bumper with stickers and decals. The car has a megahorn mounted on top. If you get in his way, he will let you know it.
He married Susan Atkins (Charles Manson's gang) back in the 70's.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban