Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:37:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

upholstering a toilet seat lol

Started by pat, January 31, 2013, 08:14:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

This is interesting, and could be a lucrative business for someone. Have hard plastic seat, attach foam to it and cover in white vinyl. lol  Has anyone ever done one, any thoughts. they price at 172.00 what a joke.

gene

I've never done one but I have sat on one.

Here's what a lot of folks will think:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mayfair-13-Round-Padded-Bone-Toilet-Seat/22141850

If you could embroider college names or company mascots, that might be interesting. LOL

Other than our government, I can't imagine anyone paying $172 for a toilet seat.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

JuneC

Oh, there's a Florida company that's cut quite a niche for themselves.  And you can send them fabric and they'll make your seat to match whatever.... 

http://www.bathbeautiful.com/store/toilet_seats.html

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I used to have one of those padded seats Gean  the lid and rim oh so comfy  how about a heated seat for the northerners

NDAV8R

Quote from: MikeM8560 on January 31, 2013, 04:20:56 pm
how about a heated seat for the northerners

Wow, what a nice thought...especially when it is supposed to get to a MINUS 29F BELOW in the morning for some of us in North Dakota!!!  That is not with the wind chill factor. With that it will get to close to -60F to -70F.

No Peeing into the wind, again!

NDAV8R
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Mike

my old lake house used to have a improperly insulated lean to bathroom I saw morning that the bowle iced over you had to pee a hole

JuneC

Bed, Bath & Beyond sells heated 12v seats - I've seen them in there.  Google heated toilet seat and you'll get lots of options.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

pat

Its the actual seat that needs to be covered, for a amputee, the 172. is what is charged at a health care store

bobbin

I prefer lucite with barbed wire or upholstery tacks embedded in them...   Lol.