Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 01:32:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Common Sense Single 2 Prong Stud

Started by Jim101, December 27, 2012, 01:55:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim101

December 27, 2012, 01:55:35 pm Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:58:43 pm by Jim101
Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can find the Common Sense Single 2 Prong Stud in the Black Finish?

I tried uploading a photo with no luck, so here's a picture of one on the Sailright website

http://www.sailrite.com/Common-Sense-2-Prong-Stud-Key-CC

I need 150 of them.  If anyone has any leads I sure would appreciate it.  If any of you happen to have some I be happy to buy some.  Need them for some old U.S. Army truck canvas.

Trivantage can get me some in a week or two but only in quantities of 1000.

Feel free to e-mail me at jwatt@nwtarp.com or Call 360 296 2321.

Wishing You All the Best in the New Year.  I hope 2013 is prosperous for all!

Jim

JuneC

December 27, 2012, 04:39:16 pm #1 Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:46:34 pm by JuneC
Does it really have to be the 2-prong stud?  I use the regular 2-hole stud in fabric.  Snap caps work great as fasteners to hold it in (use the long barrel stud so when the stem flares out it gets a good grip in the holes).  If there's not enough "real estate" to handle the 2-hole stud then you're stuck, but I think the 2-hole ones are more secure and more aesthetically pleasing (IMHO).

They might be special as order as well.  I've never had to find any.  If TriV doesn't work, try Keyston Bros.  They have them listed in their catalog - no telling if they're in stock in small quantities.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Jim101

December 27, 2012, 07:06:32 pm #2 Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:08:07 pm by Jim101
Thanks June.

I'll give them a try.  I've tapped all our wholesalers, and even a few retailers, out here with no success.

Customer is very specific about the black lacquer two prong studs.  I've had the conversation with him about the two hole studs but he wants them to be the same ones as they had in the Army.

I've had other customer's insist on using Dot Brand fastener's rather than Fasnap.  They wanted to go all original.  They had to say DOT on them.

The customer is always right...

Jim

scarab29

Ive got a bag of dot in stainless but never seen them in black. 
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

DBR1957

Fasnap carries the MIL black but not in the two prong. You could make the two hole
base work with rivets and washers.

http://www.fasnap.com/index.php/cPath/45_9227_9132_9145

McMaster-Carr has black rivets

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivets/=ktlkmt