Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 07:01:58 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How do you store your webbing ?

Started by Grebo, June 22, 2010, 09:14:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

I have mine in a rack & just pull off what I want, but the darn stuff tends to either drop off the coil & get knitted up, run away with its self or the cardboard middles come out  ???  I am thinking of just stacking them up & taking out whichever I want to use each time.  Any bright ideas  ;D

Mike8560

Iver got them on the wall now on pegs when working witgh them I used to have a shelf under the table and it fet to the neddle now I just have a peg behind me at the end of the table to hold it while im sewing

Can-Vas

I like that idea of a peg;  I was just laying it flat on table behind me, but I think a peg would feed it better.
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

Thomas920

- This forum is must for people like me.

Regards

Thomas

PDQ

I put venture tape on the flat sides like it's done on a reel of back-tack.

Darren Henry

While I never got around to building one; I had plans to build a portable stand with a length ( or two ) or conduit and a number of discs cut from 1/4" (6mm) plywood to replace those useless paper packaging as seen on hook and loop fastner . I intended to put a spring over the conduit to hold the discs firmly against the webbing/hook and loop etc...My theory being that pins would hold the "other" webbings  and a piece of opposite hook/loop would do the same for the velcro etc... Knowing that I have a brain like a forty pound smarty; I intended to be sure to load them so that they unwound counter-clockwise so that when I forgot to secure them all the ones not being used wrapped back up. Much like people with cats or small children making sure the toilet paper gets loaded the right way round.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Bliss

Just pull it out individually as you need it.

regalman190

I store it on a shelf and pull it as I need it. I have a rod set up that I switch out spools of binding or webbing.
Regal Canvas