Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 01:41:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Seat cover "J" channel

Started by Rich, October 22, 2013, 05:40:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

I have an old card with actual samples of extruded plastic "J" channel which is used at the bottom edge of automotive seat covers to secure it to the lip in the bottom of the seat frame. I called Three Rivers supply in Homestead PA and was told that they can get about 8 or 9 different styles. I was wondering if anyone knows of another source where I might find different profiles.
Thanks,
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

Rich

Well, either nobody knows anyone who carries it or nobody knows what I'm talking about!
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

baileyuph

Rich I keep a few strips of that instock which I get from suppliers who cater primarily to
auto people.

During rework of a job, sometimes the old stuff can be used on the redo.  It is strong stuff and will be good for another round, usually.

Doyle

Rich

Actually Doyle, I don't want it for auto seat cover use, I'm making a cover where this type of plastic channel would be perfect to attach the cover to a metal rail.
Rich

baileyuph

Rich, something close to you, Miami Rubber should sell the same long strips we buy in my area. I am sure it is available on the East Coast from an auto trim supplier.  Did you google yet?

Doyle

JuneC

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Rich

I hadn't checked this post for a few days-thanks for the suggestions!
Rich