Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:04:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Discussion forum titles

Started by Rich, May 23, 2013, 04:20:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Just a thought-Has anyone ever noticed how meaningless the titles on this site "General Discussion" and "The Business of Upholstery" are? You can find both under either heading!
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

sofadoc

Personally, I don't think that we have enough daily traffic to warrant multiple boards. I guess Facebook is gradually rendering the old fashioned Yabb format obsolete.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

hdflame

Rich,

I still occasionally move topics because they're not posted in the right place.  When I made some changes to the site a couple of years ago, I tried to make it easier to find specific posts, but people still don't read the instructions on how to post.

Oh well.  There were some on here that felt we just needed the general discussion board.  I find that I usually go there first when I stop by, and usually don't even make it to the others!

I could delete some of them...any suggestions?

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Peppy

Quote from: hdflame on May 23, 2013, 09:21:27 pm
Oh well.  There were some on here that felt we just needed the general discussion board.  I find that I usually go there first when I stop by, and usually don't even make it to the others!

It shows Bobby. Otherwise you'd have put your truck seat thread in 'The Green Room' ;)
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

hdflame

Quote from: Peppy on May 24, 2013, 05:00:13 am
Quote from: hdflame on May 23, 2013, 09:21:27 pm

It shows Bobby. Otherwise you'd have put your truck seat thread in 'The Green Room' ;)

Well, I started to post it in the "Green Room", but since the description says it's for current jobs...and, since I'd already finished it....and, it had a "How To Fabricate a Bucket Seat" thread that should've been in the "How'd You Do That???" forum....I thought I'd just post it in the General Discussion where I knew everybody would see it!  hehe

Looks like none of us can follow directions, huh? lol

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

Peppy

Quote.and, it had a "How To Fabricate a Bucket Seat" thread that should've been in the "How'd You Do That???" forum...

Touché. I guess I never read the rules l, but I figured the 'green room' was for things you were proud of and wanted to show off. I don't know why it should be limited to current projects. Anything I post is usually from a couple weeks prior because, unfortunately?, this board is not even close to the top of my priorities list. The thing I like about the Green room is stuff stays there for a long time, it's like a gallery. Whereas the 'how to' board seems like a mortuary.  To tell the truth I forgot it existed till the other day.

Quote from: sofadoc on May 23, 2013, 05:04:53 pm
Personally, I don't think that we have enough daily traffic to warrant multiple boards. I guess Facebook is gradually rendering the old fashioned Yabb format obsolete.

Do you really think its facebook? It really does seem this place has slowed right down lately. Although I'm guilty of not coming here much. I imagine its places like reddit et al that are the big draw now. And is it YABB that's obsolete or this horrible black on yellow format? My guess is that this board is not very smart phone friendly is what's driving people away.
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Rich

And what the heck is YaBB anyway? Something to do with Fred Flintstone?
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Rich

Oh, and I was thinking a "YaBB God" was something special!
Rich

Grebo

Don't know about the place slowing down.
May be we are just busy stitching & not got much time to chat  ;)

:-*

Suzi

sofadoc

Quote from: Grebo on May 28, 2013, 08:58:46 am
Don't know about the place slowing down.
May be we are just busy stitching & not got much time to chat
Well, if we're too busy to chat.......then that means the place is slowing down.

Checking the stat page, I see that we've had 423 new posts so far in May 2013. We had 851 in May 2012, and 1096 in May 2011.

New topics:
May 2013: 66
May 2012: 108
May 2011: 166

While overall page views have remained consistent, actual participation has steadily dropped.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

I  thought it seemed a bit more dead here sofa those are some interesting stats I never saw. over the years I have seen old member disappear.

gene

Nice play on words, Mike. LOL

Number of topics hijacked (went off topic):

Europa - by Santana. I can't think of a better song to crank up on the headphones.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

hdflame

Quote from: gene on May 28, 2013, 05:53:39 pm
Nice play on words, Mike. LOL

Number of topics hijacked (went off topic):

Europa - by Santana. I can't think of a better song to crank up on the headphones.

gene

Sooooo, are you saying this thread has been hijacked?  Or maybe the better question would be how many times? lol
Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special