Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:37:31 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

48 willys seats

Started by otlass, March 27, 2011, 09:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

otlass

Does anybody have  pictures of some finished 48 willys seats, I am a furniture guy and got sucked into doing the 2 front seats, I only have  the frames and I can't find good pictures on the web. Also what material would you recommend Vynil or Canvas, customer does not care about period-correct or original. Also what kind of foam goes in there, I was thinking of a 2" firm foam. Thanks for any leads.

stitcher_guy

March 27, 2011, 01:53:49 pm #1 Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:57:35 pm by stitcher_guy

These are the seats from a Willys Jeepster. I believe it is around 48-52 or so. It is part of the Shriner's Jeepster Corps here in Illinois. The seats themselves are stock units. Do they look similar to the ones you are doing?? I did the stripe covers a few years ago, along with new carpet, top and sidings. This pic is one I had sitting on photobucket. If you'd like to see more of the car, let me know.

Russell

otlass

Hi Russell,
If I could see more that would be great, but I think my frames are simpler than yours, I think the backs are like a loose cushion wtih flaps on tops and side to screw or snap them to the frame and it looks to me the seats are just a board with T nuts to srew to the frame, could that be the right procedure? Thanks for your post!