Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 11:12:08 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

3 Ways Your Upholstery Shop can Avoid the Slow Season

Started by TheHogRing, October 28, 2011, 06:46:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

For many auto upholstery shops, winter is a slow season. Cold weather keeps customers away and the added expenses of Christmas limit their ability to splurge on cosmetic fixes to their cars. Still, there are ways to ensure that your auto trim business doesn't ground to a halt - but you'll need to plan ahead (like right now!)

Check out our list of 3 ways to avoid the slow season. Some of these tips can even be applied to furniture and boat upholstery shops too: http://tinyurl.com/62qdf7q

Let us know what you think. Thanks!

Agent 002

nice find....we got a xmas commercial at our local radio station which seems to help out during our slow time

kodydog

With furniture I usually stay busy through Xmas with people sprucing up for company and upholstering for gifts.
We just got our first job for a Xmas gift. A neighbor called and said come over quick while my hubby is out. Unfortunately he came home early and caught us. Good thing my wife was with me. Oops. The surprise is over but were still doing the chair.   
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike8560

Y slow time is  September  and right around  Christmas

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on October 28, 2011, 09:21:28 pm
With furniture I usually stay busy through Xmas with people sprucing up for company and upholstering for gifts.

Yeah, furniture isn't as seasonal as auto/marine. Even when it's slow, I never run out of work.
I actually look forward to the slowdowns. It gives me time to get reorganized.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

I had good results by offering a free place to store their boat (they were responsible for winterizing and tarping).It cost me nothing,eased up the log jam that ice out always brought and saved them around $3-400 while keeping me busy through the winter.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

TheHogRing

Darren - that's a really smart idea. Especially if you have the space for it. I'm wondering, though, how does that affect you insurance costs?