Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 09:57:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

4 way vinyl?

Started by christwo, August 01, 2011, 06:52:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

christwo

I was wondering if anybody can tell me a little about 4 way vinyl. Is it something that most vendors carry? I've found it a couple places under the name "All sport" but was wondering if its something that is made by multiple manufactures or is it specific to a certain manufacturer? Ive seen it on line for around 18.50 a yard, could I expect to get it any cheaper from a vendor?

Miami Mike

I think that is a fare price. it is a great vinyl as well.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Mojo

I have worked with All Sport before. It is a great vinyl and is used extensively in seat cushions for jet skis, snowmobiles, etc. The 4 way bias makes it easy to work with on these projects. I had no issues with it in regards to sewing. I believe I used a 16 needle and V92 Poly thread with it.

I am not sure on price as I haven;t bought any in a couple years. I believe I got my last batch from Miami Mike.
You may want to contact him. He is a member and an advertiser here. PM him and get a price from him. He is an awesome guy to work with. I have pretty much sole sourced all of my fabric and hardware purchases through him.

Best of luck,

Chris