Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 09:47:11 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fabric Issues

Started by BLC, July 28, 2010, 06:00:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BLC

I have been having quality issues with my fabric supplier lately.  I have sent back several orders with flaws, only to be replaced with a new roll with the same flaws.
The goods are foreign made. 

The problems range from lint wrapped in the weave, computer programming errors that create pattern issues, fabrics changing color within two weeks, torquing of the weave, missing thread that can only be seen after stretching and rolling issues. 

It is hard enough to make money with good fabrics, much less crap.  Is these common problems?  Do you speak up?  Do you bill the fabric company for lost time?  I used this company when I was in business a decade ago.  Just not the same.

gene

You are not alone.

Most of my fabric is bought by designers. I started awhile ago checking every bolt of fabric. It takes some time, but I no longer trust that the bolt will not have problems.

In fact, I was going to start a thread asking if anyone has made a table to check bolts of fabric: an easy way to roll them out and re roll.

I have a customer who bought fabric 3 times: she is convinced that they just kept sending her the same bolt 3 times. When she asked for her money back, the wholesaler was unable to give it to her because they had gotten behind on their payments to the factory. She had to go directly to the factory to get her deposit back: 6 months!!!

Gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!