Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:46:47 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Singer 531B-8BL

Started by Moparman, July 25, 2010, 05:47:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman

Is anyone familiar with the Singer model 513B-8BL.  I can't seem to find any specs. (ie Compound Walking Foot, Reverse, big bobbin, side feed, etc.  I found one with machine, table & motor for $500.  Any help is appreciated.

Bryan

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

This is a Seiko manufactured machine.  Before Consew starting bringing these machines into the US domestically, both Brother and Singer had the line, briefly. 

I don't know what model to cross reference the Singer number with, but if I can see a pic, I will likely know right away what Seiko model it is you are looking at. 

Moparman

Hey Gregg,  Thanks for the reply.  Here is the only photo I have been able to find.  I was trying to get info on it before I made the trip to look at it.  Don't know if the one in the photo is the same as the one available or not.  If this link doesn't work, its at irsauctions.com.  There are actually 2 on the site.  Lots # 178 & 183.  This is also a very old auction.  Thanks again for any help!

Bryan

http://www.irsauctions.com/popups/bidders_paddle.asp?lot=31811&auction=M6F8XJS6A7XTMOAFN2QJFP9PU1PGTR&id=8355

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Machine is a made in Japan by Seiko model STH-8BL, or Consew 206RB-2 (oil system).  Not a copy, or simular, but exact same machine distrubited by Singer within the US at that time.  Not many came into the US under the Singer name.

Here is the Singer parts book for this model, and they are using common current Consew/Seiko part numbers, and this is the same parts book idential shipped with Consew and Seiko of this model, seen here;

http://www.keysew.com/Demo_images/Singer_531B-8BL.pdf

Moparman

Great!  Thanks for all the info. Gregg.  So I guess it should basically have all the same features as the Seiko & Consew models?  I guess if its in excellent condition $500 would be a pretty good deal.  I'm gonna go check it out.