Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 08:10:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Amazon

Started by gene, July 11, 2017, 05:31:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

My son was at home yesterday and he said it sounded like someone tried to open his front door. He opened the door and an Amazon sub contractor delivery guy had left a package by his door. He saw the Amazon guy driving away.

His package had been opened and the packaging slip was gone. Nothing was taken because there was nothing in there the guy wanted.

A package for sunglasses (not my son's sunglasses) was stuck to the tape of his box. The delivery guy had opened another Amazon package, took out the package with sunglasses, removed the sunglasses, and then thrown the empty package in his van. This got stuck to the loose tape on my son's package.

He called Amazon and told them.

I do not like people coming up to my house who are uninvited. What do you do when it's the delivery guy?

I wonder how much Amazon pays for stolen packages each year?

Anyway, it always amazes me how much work people put into being thieves. It must be profitable because there seems to be a lot of them.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

Anything I buy from Amazon comes UPS - they do a good job.
Since I work from home once in a while an account has to bring a piece to me that I can't pick up and carry. 
They have dented my driveway and scratched a car more than once.   Nothing I can do about it.
SA

65Buick

That's no good Gene. I recently figured out Amazon was using a sub b/c I kept seeing a sentra come & go. Not sure what prompted this change but in general I would feel more comfortable with ups or usps.
But speaking of Ups ther their prices recently have been absurd.

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on July 11, 2017, 05:31:13 am
I wonder how much Amazon pays for stolen packages each year?
Try to imagine how much the thievery will increase if they ever get those drones up and running. If the drones deliver to "the hood", they ain't coming back.

My wife used to manage a department store. People would call and have gift certificates sent to their rural address. UPS or Fedex would leave them on the doorstep. Then the customer would call back and say they never got them, so the store would cancel them and refund the money. Meanwhile, they also filed a claim with UPS or Fedex. Of course, the gift certificates had already been redeemed at another location. It was a pretty nice little scam until electronic gift cards came along, making the old fashioned paper gift certificate obsolete.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban