Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:38:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Wrap that raskel

Started by gene, June 27, 2017, 04:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I like to put a plastic cover on my furniture when it is being delivered or picked up. When it's picked up the plastic cover goes with the furniture.

I buy plastic covers for $1.00 each made for wing back and club chairs, and $1.20 for sofas. They work well but are too big for smaller upholstered chairs.

I found these on Amazon. They are excellent for smaller chairs and ottomans. I have two small barrel back chairs and I stitched the end of a bag closed on my sewing machine then cut the bag in half. Each half fit nicely on these chairs.

gene

https://www.amazon.com/Plasticplace-Gallon-Trash-Bags-Clear/dp/B01AVIWUAS/ref=pd_sim_86_5/140-6527848-5950645?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01AVIWUAS&pd_rd_r=NKEDPC8RYS2M9DD9DRTP&pd_rd_w=twk9S&pd_rd_wg=shoHV&psc=1&refRID=NKEDPC8RYS2M9DD9DRTP
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

I don't know if this will help but we use garbage bags from Sams club. 55 gallon size and a big box. we use these for cushions, small chairs etc.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I buy plastic sheeting from the paint store around the corner, and tape it on with tape gun.

It costs me 99 cents to cover one sofa or two chairs.

I also save the bags that my shrunken foam comes in. They will fit most any normal size chair.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

I get clear 55 gallon plastic bags from GFI for my garbage can and also for small projects like pillows, cornice boards, etc. I had on my "to do" list to get something between the 55 gallon and the plastic covers made for club chairs/wing back chairs. These 95 gallon seem to work well.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

The most trouble is going to be with a sofa especially if you have to stand it up in an elevator or go through the basement of an apartment building.  The movers supply houses sell sofa covers made of canvas with heavy straps to tie the cover closed.  I bought one about 30 years ago - at that time they were
$ 100.00 - best investment for moving sofas for just going out for repair or going back with new fabric.
SA