Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:42:13 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bobbin Case help

Started by brmax, March 24, 2015, 11:14:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Can some of you give some names or other brands experience with bobbin cases for Juki 1541s.
I have the need for one without needle (I guess ) stab marks at the latch point on the side.  This looks to have hit hard enough twice to bend or push in the side slightly, I think I should be able to turn it upside down and have the bobbin fall out, but not happening here and I think it should free spin also but not positive. It is removable and does spin but has issues no doubt I want to fix.
sorry, been looking at some old post and not yet downloaded parts manual so haven't any proper # there is a 18045 with a cm designation.
Appreciate your experiences with all this stuff and other help questions you answered before.
good day to ya

sofadoc

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

So Brmax you are saying you need a new bobbin case because the needle has done damage to the existing bobbin case?

If so, a new case would be a start. 

I don't have a 1541 but would think a new part - case would help.
I do have a Juki long arm bottom load bobbin.  Mine is a DNU something, can check tomorrow at the shop for a case number, mine is less than 10 years, and let you know.

Doyle

brmax

Sofa thank you, I got back and had a chance to look around a bit.  I am noticing some brands here and there while looking at the link so will keep an eye out for the deal or a make offer anyway.

DB yes I believe it should have a new case, one to perform at the top as I normally do!
I would say the couple months use as a binding machine since new it hit a few times, got a new hook with it and a sweeeettt binder. I was told by the fella the company got 3 new machines to make a small contract run on custom floor mats, and so setup but ended sooner than they wanted so only 1 machine received much use. This one was the least used one and a reason he purchased it to do some items for himself but is a very very busy person. I suppose it ran enough obviously having to require resetting it thus making the issue with the case.
So thanks for checking and good idea to replace the case im going to work on that tomorrow along with looking around for a regular feed dog cover plate as this one is raised an 1/8th, its a custom milled job for the binder some "Tac" names and numbers on items and its not in my present outlook at the moment.

Thanks again guys

baileyuph

Brmax,
Remembered to check my Juki bobbin case and it didn't have any numbers/name but best judgement is it is made by Seiko.  Checked it out and didn't notice any wear or anything wrong with it.  Seiko, I read is a high quality machine parts manufacturer.  Also, I believe I read that they manufacturer industrial machines also.

Maybe you will want to put that on your list to check out....

Hope you find what is needed. 

BTW, what caused the damage to yours, that carpet binder operation?  Even at that rate, guess it could have been used with the wrong needle (too long)?  Or possiblywas bent?

Just curious,

Doyle 

brmax

Hey I appreciate you checking on that Thank you, And from my point of view I do like machines and Seiko is top shelf.
I will check on a cross reference, I have seen mention this case used on some Consew also and this tells me that Seiko is involved so thanks for the tip.
It looks like a needle hit it but I really cannot see or understand how at this point, this happened twice or marks showing two spots in the same position but mm away from each. Maybe needles broke and went around, Its my first side or bottom load and my problem is always wanting to find and fix something so Its another task.
I did see the case has a big slot and one side was bent in slightly this was more of the issue hanging up and preventing the bobbin to spin freely, Im ordering one this week.
The fella told me it has less than a hundred hours use and I truly believe this, He said they all 3 worked good for there contract purpose, though it was a short run.
Its running a 23 needle and with the binder setup it was just used in that task only, The fella said he purchased it from the company to do some diy himself on cars of his, which I could easily see that's was a minor issue for him to accomplish if he had the time as some people you meet you can tell they are at the top of the game and a game at the top I feel it was a pleasure meeting him and doing business.
He had the machine sitting in his shop for quite sometime ( that's heated, painted floors etc etc ).
Anyway enough wind, I am cleaning some carpet fiber from the hook area as the stuff sticks.
So just my general open the hood and dive in, as I only looked it over when picked it up for timing and needle clearance, and just the o listen to running and look in the pan for metal gray or bronze oil crap.
They had the unused clutch motor in a box so I have 2 brand new of them now, They installed a nice but big mitsubishi  dc servo and its uh pretty slick like a factory deal.
I guess it will draw some more amps than my other servos I believe, though with this weight and the heavier machine the table has a sag in center about 3/16 high so that's a mission also.
Gonna have to check out some other post to look at process for this table workup in the past.

again thanks for the tips
good day

Bob T

I have been able to remove scratches from the bobbin case as well as the hook on my machines.  If the scratch appears deep, I start with 800 grit wet and dry sandpaper and wet sand to remove the scratch.  When the scratch is mostly removed, I switch to 1500 grit and then to 2000 grit to fully remove the scratch or to render it no longer problematic. Next, I use metal polish and a soft cloth to make the effected area shine like chrome!  Works perfect to date.  This technique can also help a baulky machine sew quite well.  YMMV.

brmax

Thanks Bob, I'm going to pick up a few sheets, that's a great idea and from pro experience.
Though it brings thoughts of color sanding paint jobs, man your tough on a fella. :)
I know the case doesn't move in its mounting, but if I take it out normally (left hand) the 2 needle dings are facing me just top side above the bobbin lock and where your thumb opens the latch. Befuddles me how they got there but they aren't coming out but the scrape marks all around will and as you described I will get it done that way. I ordered a few from a place I had some instruction on these with but after that I got a top load and so haven't use that bit of experience so its slow getting my fingers un-latching ect. but its all going forward.
Thanks for the Pros tip, and need that in a section on the site.

Good day there