Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:23:31 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Soralfix thread

Started by Mike8560, May 16, 2011, 04:58:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

I need to try the solarfix I normaly buy v92 what is the same size for solarfix?

RiCat

May 16, 2011, 05:33:42 am #1 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:11:26 am by RiCat
comes in 3 sizes -
1) 1360 (light weight) = #69 size thread
2) 2000 (medium) - #92 size thread
3) 2400 (heavy weight) = #138 thread

also - be careful about seam leakage - I have been trying the seam sealer tape from Tri Vantage - pain to work with

Rick

Mojo

Mike:

I am using the 2000 that I got from Miami Mike.

I have had no problems sewing with it. My machine seems to like it. Some machines
you need to play with the tension. If you have sewn with Tenera then it will be the same with Solarfix.
They are identical items.

I have to get ahold of Mike today and order a new spool of clear. OUCH......... Dang that stuff is expensive.

Chris

Mike8560

Thanks Chris cantou pm me the cost? Is it clearing 8 oz and a pound ?

Mojo

Mike:

I just got off the phone with Miami Mike. They no longer stock the 2400 but they do have the 2000 in stock in Jacksonville so it will ship quick to you. I do not know if Blue Line covers your area but Mike uses them on my shipment and they are dirt cheap. I believe their shipping charge is $ 10.00 for any package, whether it is fabric or whatever. Mike normally has the warehouse guys try and package everything together for me so I only pay the $ 10.00. I have called Mike in the morning before and placed an order and had Blue Line at my door later that day with my order. All for $ 10 bucks. :)

Mike just said the difference between the 2000 and 2400 is negligible which is why they quit stocking it.
He said the 2000 is a 3 strand twist and the breaking point is only 2 lbs less then the 2400. All the marine guys and gals use the 2000.

You can check with Mike on price but I will PM you Miami's wholesale price which is what he charged me today. It is cheaper then their listed price on their website. The clear BTW is $ 5 dollars more then black or white I believe.

Speaking of color, I think at one time June said the clear when sewn into a darker fabric comes out looking like a cream or white color. Maybe she can post on it here and give us more info because I have forgot exactly what she said.

BTW, Mike may be in touch with you ( or you can contact him ). He is currently in Jacksonville but is headed your way in a couple days. He is making a swing through Florida this week and we are going to meet up for lunch later this week.

Chris

Can-Vas

Been using it for a few uears.  I find it is great stuff to work with once you're set up.  Doesn't fray like normal thead and less lube needed in the thread run.  I stock black and clear, which works for all jobs.  I set up the needle angle a little different and tensions slightly tighter...
-How-
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!