Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 10:15:06 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Heads Up On Awning Cord

Started by Mojo, May 16, 2011, 07:24:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

May 16, 2011, 07:24:40 am Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:06:23 am by Mojo
I have been buying my awning cord ( also called chair spline ) through a company in Dallas.
I paid $ 80 for 1/4 inch - 100 ft of it not to long ago.

I just found a distributor in Boca Raton, FL and ordered a 1,000 ft roll for $ 70.50. HUGE difference.

If any of you need any awning cord contact Judy at Patio Products Inc. Their web address is www.patioproducts.com .

They do not list their prices on their web site but if you call Judy direct she will quote you the price. They
carry alot of other products as well ( Outdura, Poly Thread, Etc. ).

Chris

Mike8560

Chris have you ever used kedar welt in the awning track?
That how us marine folks do it I had a torn awning right at the sewn in cord o. My coach that I repaired sewing a new edge and adding kedar. It's not wrwped with the fabri but sewn onto it

Mojo

Mike sent me a sample once but because of the cost I decided to stick with the cording. The other problem I have is when I do a 150 inch awning, it is hard to roll up and transport or ship.

I typically hand the awning to the customer rolled up and then provide them with the cording. They push the cording through and then install it. The dealers prefer the factory cording technique as well.

Chris