Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 06:26:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help a brotha out !

Started by scarab29, March 05, 2013, 07:37:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsquail

Quote from: jojo on March 08, 2013, 06:28:58 am
Quote from: jsquail on March 06, 2013, 06:12:30 pm
Facebook, IMO, is one of the best advertising tools you can have. Its better than word of mouth advertising, as folks can actually see your work and read praise from your customers.

Yes, JS, but how do you get people to come to the facebook page, other than your personal friends?
I'm wondering if anyone pays for facebook ad campaigns? It's much easier to update a facebook page vs. a website, but my website address is much easier to say than my facebook page address.

Most of us only need to advertise locally, and I can't figure out how to do that yet. Most of my business at this point is word of mouth.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy-Duty-Sewing-Services/202042173167299

I tell people about my facebook  page when I am discussing potential jobs with them. I also tell them about my website. I let them know there are pictures on both. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and having positive customer feedback on a face book page is also a plus. I have found that most people who have facebook will hit the page and look at the pictures and comments. If they dont, then they can review the website. As more people like the facebook page the more will find it.

I have been in business for 3 years and only do word of mouth. I also have business cards, and decals on the rear window of my truck. For the first two years I didnt gross very much in sales. This year I am about to surpass what I did last year and its only March. I have visited marinas and left cards. Given cards to marine repair shops and mechanics. Hung them up in Ben and Jerry's shops. Generally, just spoken to people.  I have asked my friends to put the word out too. Any little bit helps.

My biggest job has come from my website.
My third most jobs have come from other companies referrals
My second most amount of jobs have come from a fishing tournament I sponsor through my business.(single form of paid advertisement)
My most jobs have come from word of mouth.

There are other factors in my local area that influence canvas and upholstery work. Specifically, the other guys doing it are either loaded with work, to expensive, or just a plain asshole.

It has taken me a while to figure out what works, but my business seems to be taking off. This is something I didnt expect to happen this quick.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas