Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 01:16:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Calling all juki 563 owners(hope this is the right place for this).

Started by RocketmanMH1, August 08, 2011, 06:50:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketmanMH1

Hi everybody,  I've been reading on this forum for a while and I really enjoy this place, lots of good info and first I want to say thanks to the guys and gals who take their time to help others. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with my issue.....I have a juki 563 that I like very much, my question with it though, is when you backtac with it the stitch length is half of the length of a forward stitch. Is this normal and if not does anyone know where to find a manual (that you can actually read) online, so I can get this issue resolved. Thanks again, and I hope I put this in the right place.

sofadoc

If you'll PM me your e-mail, I can send you the manual pdf. I don't know if it will answer your question about short stitch length in reverse, though.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Bob T

For the record, mine backtacks the exact same distance assuming I hold the  reverse handle all the way down.

sofadoc

Quote from: Bob T on August 08, 2011, 09:12:36 pm
For the record, mine backtacks the exact same distance assuming I hold the  reverse handle all the way down.

You may be on to something. Isn't there a "stopper" adjustment screw on the reverse lever?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

RocketmanMH1

Mine is a roll pin that is permanently fixed on the rev. lever but on the bottom of the machine there is a limiting screw adj.  but it appears it may be maxed out.
Sorry to be so vague but if more info is needed i will gladly elaborate. Thanks for the input.

Toledo Mach. Sales

You might want to try this.Loosen the 2-screws that hold the bracket on that has the adjuster screw on it & slide it back,all the way,you can use a screwdriver or 8mm wrench.
Bob
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

August 09, 2011, 07:52:14 am #7 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:52:55 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
There normally TWO stitch length adjusters on the LU-563, and if you are not aware of this, it could drive you nuts trying to adjust both front and back stitches.  IMO these adjustmentes are redundant, but I guess could provide an qualified service tech. to adjust (below) the maximum stitch length front to back, then leave the upper reverse lever adjustment to the operator without fear of going over the maxium stitch length forward or reverse, preventing damage to the feed mechinisim and ensuring proper function of this machine.  Hope these images I just uploaded to my website for you to look at help you make the necessary adjustments.

Click on the URL for larger images.

http://keysew.com//Webpages/DemoImages/JukiLU563Limiter2.jpg

http://keysew.com/Webpages/DemoImages/JukiLU-563Stitchlimiter1.jpg

RocketmanMH1

Thanks for all the info and your time to reply guys. I moved the lower limiter all the way back and it did lengthen the reverse st. but it also shortened the forward st. The reverse lever adjust ment is as long as is will allow.I am sure this machine has some wear because of its history, it was used in a tarp mfg facility for many years, I have tried to rejuvenate this machine to use as a back up as well as a topstitch machine but some times it just makes me think its ready for a replacement. I love this old machine its so smooth and quiet, maybe with patience and persistence I'll get it right. Thank you all for your assistance and any other addvice is welcomed,

Mike

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Hey, no poblem, kindly reply to most, if not all of your posts with "I was speaking with Gregg at Keystone Sewing, and he told me..." and we'll be all straight!

Just kidding, inside joke around these parts, hope you get your Juki fixed.  It's a very popular machine, and almost certinly work fixing. 

RocketmanMH1

Hi Gregg,  Is there a more precise adjustment sequence than the instruction manual lists?( For stich length issue that I'm having.)

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: RocketmanMH1 on August 09, 2011, 09:28:48 pm
Hi Gregg,  Is there a more precise adjustment sequence than the instruction manual lists?( For stich length issue that I'm having.)

Not really.  Again, kind of redundant, IMO. 

When I adjust, make sure you are getting the maximim stitch length of 5 SPI, straight.  DO NOT EXCEED the maxium stitch length in forward, as you will NEVER get the reverse to match up.

I like to use with no thread a piece of cardboard so you can see the holes easily, and a ruler to measure the SPI.  You should have maximim of 5 SPI, counting the lines, needle holes from the begining to end.  I really can't think of anything additional to help you with.

RocketmanMH1

Thanks Gregg, And to all that offered assistance.  Gregg,  you should be getting a phone call from me in a couple of weeks if everything goes well on craigslist.. (I'm selling a bunch of stuff to finance a new machine).   I would really like to hear your opinion on the Mauser Spezial machine that you have on your web site.

Thanks again, Mike

Mike8560

Is of of no help  but my jukiis he same but I o ly use reverse ba k tacking at the end of a stitch of like with a zipper. I do t runong runs In Reverse.