Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 07:07:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS A SCAM

Started by Highvelocity, February 23, 2011, 12:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Highvelocity

I ordered some foam from the "OnlineFabricStore.net"  I have a confirmation number etc and I printed out the confirm page...That was on the 17th of this month...  I never recieved a confirmation email,,,I called there and no answer,,,,, I emailed the company and no response...I am getting that sinking feeling in my stomach....I am getting ready to call my credit card company.  Online they don't list the exact address of the company either,,,they say it's in the heart of New England...now my spider senses are really tingling...   

Can anyone speak on behalf of the this company from a prior experience...????? or heard of this company???? 
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

ajlelectronics

Ari Kahan
1400 Morton Ave, Apt 3C
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
US

Domain name: ONLINEFABRICSTORE.NET

Administrative Contact:
Kahan, Ari akahan@gmail.com
1400 Morton Ave Apt 3C
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
US
+1.7349984718
Technical Contact:
OFS, OFS onlinefabricstore@gmail.com
Park Street
West Springfield, MA 01089
US
888-674-6638

Registration Service Provider:
JTL Networks Inc., billing@jtlnet.com
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 02-Nov-2010.
Record expires on 25-Feb-2020.
Record created on 25-Feb-2005.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://tucowsdomains.com

Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.onlinefabricstore.net 66.252.229.107
ns1.onlinefabricstore.net 66.252.229.106

Domain status: clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited

jsquail

hmmmm. Someone did a domain lookup......great detective work!
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Mojo

If its a scam then your only recourse would be with your credit card company. Let them do the detective work and the investigation of these people.

I am curious as to where you found them in the first place ?

Chris

ajlelectronics

February 24, 2011, 12:23:45 am #4 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 01:03:34 am by ajlelectronics
Quote from: jsquail on February 23, 2011, 06:16:01 pm

So, because you don't know how to interpret it, you decry the effort? Where was your effort?

That lookup tells many things. . . .

1) That domain appears to have been created in 2005. Suggests that it is an established business. Name Servers are on that domain. Again that suggests that it is an established and reasonable size business.

2)  It is suspicious but my no means guaranteed dodgy, that contact details are all "throwaway addresses"

3) There is a physical address and telephone number. Now as I am not American, I have no way of knowing if they are genuine. You might well.

The fact that they take credit cards is a good sign. If the US is anything like here, that gives almost total protection of the payment. It also suggests that the business is established and has passed credit vetting to become a merchant.

jsquail

February 24, 2011, 04:34:58 am #5 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:39:39 am by jsquail
Quote from: ajlelectronics on February 24, 2011, 12:23:45 am
Quote from: jsquail on February 23, 2011, 06:16:01 pm

So, because you don't know how to interpret it, you decry the effort? Where was your effort?

Wow. dude. chill out. I was giving you a pat on the back.

Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

ajlelectronics

Quote from: jsquail on February 24, 2011, 04:34:58 am

Wow. dude. chill out. I was giving you a pat on the back. No need to make someone feel like an ass.

So in that case I offer you my sincere apologies. One of the issues with the written word is that we can't convey our feelings and the text sometimes can say something different to what was intended.  I had taken it as sarcasm, maybe my stresss level causing me to mis-interpret.

Grebo

???   Come on boys play nice, thats what the emocions 'smilies' are for  :-*

Highvelocity

Wow, hold on... I called again today and finally got someone on the phone.  She was actually very nice and assured me that my item would be arriving today or tomorrow.  I said that I had not gotton an email back from them nor did I get a tracking number.  She said it was being shipped from NY, right from the factory and they don't send emails.  So, if all goes well I will get the shipment and have nothing but goo things to say...If not I will post again to buyer beware.  Afterall that's what this site is about...HELPING!!! one another.  I appreciate everyones responses...

Ed

Mojo

Quote from: ajlelectronics on February 24, 2011, 04:38:04 am
Quote from: jsquail on February 24, 2011, 04:34:58 am

Wow. dude. chill out. I was giving you a pat on the back. No need to make someone feel like an ass.

So in that case I offer you my sincere apologies. One of the issues with the written word is that we can't convey our feelings and the text sometimes can say something different to what was intended.  I had taken it as sarcasm, maybe my stresss level causing me to mis-interpret.

I took it as him patting you on the back as well. I figured maybe you were stressed and having a bad day.

Just for future reference, because it is hard to convey ones feelings here I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that any post they make towards something I said is good. Only if it is a direct shot at me do I get upset. Surprisingly I have never had anyone  on this forum ever nail me. Of course with that being said everyone will take a shot at me now...........LOL........

I cannot think of one mean spirited person we may have on this forum. Everyone is damn helpful and supportive of one another. Which is a good thing. I would hate to have to revert back to being a Marine again and bury my jungle boot up someones rear end. :)

It's all good here in the hood. We have some awesome people on this forum..........:)

Chris

sofadoc

That's the biggest problem we have in this new cyber world. The inflection in one's voice is lost in text form.
My daughter got a text from a friend saying "Wanna go to the movie?"
She replied "Sure, why not?" She meant that as enthusiastically as possible.
Her friend interpreted it as sarcasm. They didn't speak for weeks.
But really, didn't we all have the same mis-understandings when we were passing notes in gym class?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Highvelocity

Well, sucess, the package arrived last evening, I am sorry to have caused such a scene. 

I will say this, I agree with MOJO, I have found that everyone on this site has been kind and helpful.  I always assume the best of intentions from everyone here.

Thanks Again,
       Ed