Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:18:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Manufacturer Method of installing decorative nails?

Started by baileyuph, March 24, 2015, 07:35:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzard

QuoteIf the ship from Turkey where they are located I wonder if it would cost more than the gun to get it here LOL

as google is my best friend, here a couple of items I found

http://www.asiahan.com/
they are selling the gun too same outfit than decotacs just a under a different name, and make very interesting products like decorative Nails too.
I like their chinese named website better.

One can find them also in the Interior Design Product Finder
http://interiordesignproductfinder.com/Listing/Index/Furniture_-_Residential/Upholstery_Nails/681/672

it's propably the same gun, like one can buy from the other outfits, just cheaper.
I would get the gun from them too if you guy's find that it works, please let us know. 
My compressor from Rolair would be capable to handle the nail stapler easily

Steve at Silverstone Fabrics

I was asked by a local distributor to "test drive" a gun like the one featured on this site.

I found  two major issues:

--It took a lot of air to keep the gun's pressure up. Most of the shop compressors I've been around will not be big enough to get the job done.

--The biggest problem was the "swirling" of the nails in the nail chamber.............the action was enough to remove some of the finish from the nails.

My report influenced my distributor not to invest into marketing this product.

On a related note, I am in and out of some of the best new furniture manufacturers that are located here in NC and when you see professional full time nailers in action, it is like the difference in watching a PGA golfer and  the best player at your club. They use similar tools of the trade but there game is completely different.

The nailers at Hancock and Moore can keep a detailed conversation going with you (with eye contact) and still pound in more nails per minute than any other nailers I have seen.

I am going to try and take a video of one of them in action........it will blow your mind.