Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:51:04 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed

Started by SHHR, June 23, 2010, 09:06:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SHHR

This morning I was working on a friends Cadillac in front of my shop. He asked before I finished it if I would mind checking the brakes. Since he is a good friend and customer I agreed. My drive is on a slight slope, so I set the parking brake, jacked up the front and inspected the brakes. While the car was up on jacks I put it in neutral to spin the rotors and remove some rust that formed since the car was in storage about a year. I put the wheels back on and lowered the car to discover the parking brake doesn't hold. (did I mention my drive to the shop is on a slope?) As the car rolled forward I took the jack and tried to chock the wheel with it only to have the car roll over it. The shop door was up with my dads 34 ford inside I'm doing the interior on. Luckily, (and I say that with sarcasm) the caddy wasn't totally centered up with the garage door as it ran into the doorframe busting out the left marker light, denting the fender, and scratching the bumper leaving dad's 34 untouched.

At least I have the body work done all ready to paint in the morning, and the new light will be here tomorrow too.

Then, I traveled about an hour south later in the morning to meet a customer at a restaraunt he owns to pick up a deposit for his boat a 24' Rinker I'm doing a cover and upholstery for. After that I went on to the marina to pick up the boat and pull it back to my shop. Once there I discovered the boat has been on it's trailer in the yard since last summer. now all of the running lamps were broke on the trailer and only had the right turn/ brake light working, Oh and most important, No license plates! I was on a seldom used road down near the river and could take back roads out to the highway that seldom sees police on. As soon as I merged onto the highway guess what? There sat a state trooper clocking cars and ol eagle eye noticed there were no tags and I had no paper work on the boat that still had it's storage tag on the trailer tongue. I told him the story and he ran the tag on my truck, it came back clean so he let me go after letting me know they could impound the boat. It was 97 degrees so I figure he wouldn't want to stand around while a rollback shows up.

I'll see what I can get into tomorrow.
Kyle

Mojo

Dang Kyle:

What a day you had. I think it would have been better for you to stay in bed.

Hope your week ends on a high note.

Chris

Mike8560

Boyand I thought it was hot  here  in Florida.
kyle I picked up a boat once back up in NH after backing out of it's slip at the marina I discovered it would only turn left  right would lock up just past straight after making a series of left turns to get to open water I was able to find the problem under the deck   The owner told me afterwards oh ya you have to make sure the arm was down properly on the rudder. Lol