Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 12:01:24 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Decorative Nail Gun

Started by Falcon, June 30, 2011, 02:50:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon

June 30, 2011, 02:50:57 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:06:15 am by Falcon
"Anyone use the DTI 7000 Autofeed brass nail gun?"    Looking for information on a good pneumatic decorative nail gun. Having to do hundreds of chairs..

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

June 30, 2011, 08:39:59 pm #2 Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:02:28 pm by sofadoc
Here's one that drives common nails (instead of a magazine strip).
http://www.kingrichardco.com/KZ312DecoNailer.pdf
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

otlass

I bought the RO-Ma Gun about a year ago and as usual after you have it you do not need it a whole lot for a while. My experience so far is that for me at least there is definitely a learning curve regarding the spacing and also to get them really straight since you have no reference point. Also you have to make sure to point the gun away from theedge of the wood, the nails go the way of least resistance and splinter the wood.
After working with the gun for a while I would buy it again, but i have to admit when I got the gun first I thought it would be a magic solution to my nail issues but it is still work. I think that unless you are in a manufacturing environment the RO-MA is the best solution since the DTI is about 4 grand I think and if you want to use a different size nail you need to buy another head for it as well. With RO-MA you have to buy their nails, they are about the same price as the DADS.
Stapleheadquaters is nice enough to deal with, of course the fist gun they send me was broken so I had to send it back and also the first box of nails because they where all pieces.
For hundreds of chairs I would go with the RO-MA Gun there is really no set up on the other system it seems to me you spend some time to set up. And the King Ricardo you have to put every nail by hand on to the gun.

Falcon

I want to thanks all of you for your replies, they have been helpful. Falcon