Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 03:51:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fed up with shipping

Started by Mike, May 31, 2012, 04:49:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Ace Hardware and Do-it-Best hardware both have "ship to store" for free.   DIB has something like 400,000 items in inventory.   If I get the order in by Sunday afternoon, it's at the local store on Wednesday (just followed the truck there today).   I find it much easier to browse while I'm relaxing than to trapse off to two or three home centers just to not find what I'm looking for, or know they have it but no one knows where it is.    Many stores offer this service, I'm just a hardware junkie.   But Amazon is pretty neat, too.   My eldest daughter lives in the middle of nowhere (4 hours from the nearest big city of Green Bay, WI (which is not that big)).   One of her friends gets Amazon Prime and has a lot of stuff shipped in that way.    Sounds like a good choice to go shares on a Amazon Prime membership between a few families.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison