Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:26:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

welt foot

Started by Vtool, April 01, 2012, 08:22:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

The first welt foot I bought I got from one of the online discount vendors I'm sure everyone here knows. P O S . and it was chrome . I have bought some parts from Keystone here and have been happy with the parts and Gregs suggestions. The last welt foot I bought was from Greg and I opted for a foot with the back cut out , helps with the turns.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

kodydog

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on April 02, 2012, 06:42:02 am
On an unrelated note...I'm starting to sell swing away roller/edge guides, custom installed on specific machine models.  I was wondering what, if any intrest, there would be for items like these.

You can kindly view larger image of them here; http://store.keysew.com/parts/sewing-parts/juki-mah-152010a0-suspended-edge-guide

Again, this is for 'just about' any model machine, as almost every machine will install differently.

Looks really cool but at the risk of sounding ignorant what does it do. I looked at the link and still can't figure it out. You said its unrelated so I guess it has nothing to do with welt feet. Could it help to keep a straight seam on top stitch?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

lc

I am in disbelief !! I went to our local sewing distributor for welting feet for my new Juki ..in which I bought from him for I think was around 3200 dollars 5 yrs ago and he was quoting me around 400  for the set of the feet...then I called a place an hour north of here and he said 75 for the set. ., I ordered them but grrrr!! what the heck !!
I know most of you can fix your own machines ., I had this same local guy come and repair my juki tension problems breaking thread etc.  90 bucks for a few minutes..my husband watched what he did and after that he figured out how to trouble shoot my machine himself. I  feel so gullible at times.

kodydog

When your machine is not working you gotta pay their price, unless you can find a cheaper repair guy to do it. Good repair guys are getting harder to find.

Usually when my machine acts up I need it fixed right now. Can't wait for the repair guy. So I always try to fix it myself.

If you hubby is mechanically inclined there are downloadable shop manuals. Do you have one?

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Elsie:

I do all my own repairs. The Tuffsew machine I owned needed daily repairs because it was such a POS. But I will say that machine taught me a great deal.

My machine repairman and dealer is 1,000 miles from me so I do all the repairs myself. I do have a machine repair guy near me but don't trust him as he main focus is on Suzy Homemaker machines.
When I have a problem I call Bob Kovar and explain what it is doing and he then talks me through the repair process. I cannot say this enough - buy your machines from a solid and reputable dealer who will be there for you in the event of a problem.

Over the years I have learned a great deal about machines and it really helps. Thankfully my Chandler and Juki rarely if ever give me a problem.

I bet your husband could fix a great deal of problems with your machine. :)

Chris

lc

I have the manual that came with it but no repair manual ., my husband isn't a sewer but he sure figured out the basics while repairing it.
Maybe I can find one to download my Juki baby is a 1508 N.
The last time the guy came to repair it ..it was still acting up so them my guy went over it and it worked much better. I must say I did like the old Juki I was using where I had worked before .I like the fact they have the larger bobbins. Theres another thread ..wishing we had an endless bobbin supply. 

There is nothing worse than a downed machine..these babies are our milk and bread

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: kodydog on April 04, 2012, 06:11:45 pm
Looks really cool but at the risk of sounding ignorant what does it do. I looked at the link and still can't figure it out.

No way, my fault.  I guess now as I look at it again, how would anybody be able to guess what this is supposed to do?!@  I have to do a better job of explaining things like this.  I get so caught up in the technical aspects of things that I think I'm on the same page with everybody, when in fact nobody knows what I'm talking about!

I've added a youtube to my prodcut pages for this item, thanks for bringing this issue up!

See my hot new video here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PkUWdLCKoo&feature=plcp&context=C4522329VDvjVQa1PpcFM0-CeajTTgjdX_pCkawFjz6cq2B3gI0-c%3D

sofadoc

What specific use is it designed for? I see that it feeds a stiff piece of leather very well, but what task is the roller performing? Is it just a rolling seam guide?
I'm not trying to be a contrarian here, just trying to understand this gadgety gadget. Does it have any practical purpose in the couch biz?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: sofadoc on April 09, 2012, 04:24:47 pm
What specific use is it designed for? I see that it feeds a stiff piece of leather very well, but what task is the roller performing? Is it just a rolling seam guide?
I'm not trying to be a contrarian here, just trying to understand this gadgety gadget. Does it have any practical purpose in the couch biz?

Again, thanks for the questions.  This is how learn what people are thinking but may not be asking.

As for practical, and the couch biz, that's for you to decided.  Roller and edge guides are very common for lots of operations that sewers.  Roller and edge guides have always been popular items that we sell.