Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 09:57:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

JUKI U TUBE

Started by morrisman, June 22, 2011, 09:00:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

morrisman

Consew 226 R-2 still learning

needles eye

ooh yeah
me too
she's a real beaut
poetry in motion mate
really like the stitch length too

and, hey how you getting on with the landy top?

Mike8560

Looks like mine only mines white and hAs reverse.

UpState

Look on the GSA auction web site, there is one for auction in Texas right now. I picked up my LU-563 a few months ago for $330 (wiith table) and it's practically brand new. It was a GOVT display model....and was in storage for many years. My buddy came over and said it was never used in his opinion. Now I just need to learn how to use it!

Ed

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

One of the most popular machines made over the past 25 years. 

In case some are wondering, "Subclass 3" means a pretty rare (but not THAT rare) non reverse Juki model.  Most LU-562/3 machines were made with reverse.

morrisman

Quote from: UpState on June 23, 2011, 08:35:59 am
Look on the GSA auction web site, there is one for auction in Texas right now. I picked up my LU-563 a few months ago for $330 (wiith table) and it's practically brand new. It was a GOVT display model....and was in storage for many years. My buddy came over and said it was never used in his opinion. Now I just need to learn how to use it!

Ed

Thats a great find.. lucky you !

I could have bought a 563 in great cond. for $800 , about 3 years ago . .. I am kicking myself cos they have gone up in price recently .

I will try to post some pics of the Land Rover top..but I'm having problems uploading pics to this forum . Have others had problems with pics  too?

Mike

Mike8560

No problems with pix you need a host site like photobucket

morrisman

June 23, 2011, 10:25:34 pm #7 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:28:04 pm by morrisman
Pics of the top

The windows are a brass mesh ..I need to find some ..but can use plastic clear stuff if I need to .

There is strapping inside and its rather complicated like the British tend to make stuff.

morrisman

June 23, 2011, 10:33:26 pm #8 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:35:29 pm by morrisman
some more ... this is a factory original replacement top..very old ... they used plastic at this point , not brass gauze .

The idea is you can roll up the rear curtain ..straps hold it up internally