Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 07:12:52 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My New Digs

Started by Mojo, August 29, 2010, 06:23:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyeod

June
You are right it does make it hard to work patterns and I do end up on top, I have a built in ladder to make it easy to climb up, each edge has an 8 foot stick on ruler, and I kept my small tabe (10 X 4) which is on wheels so that I can pull it away from the wall and work both sides that I use for hot knife cutting.  Best part is both of us can sew without getting into eachothers way.  Being in a marina has brought us alot more sewing opportunities as well.

hdflame

Quote from: rustyeod on August 30, 2010, 04:40:58 pm
Hey Mojo 
I just did the same.  I've been in the new shop a month now and I still get a little giddy when I see the new table. 12 x 16 foot of happiness.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/rustyeod/Shop/IMG00231-20100712-1647.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/rustyeod/Shop/IMG00229-20100712-1646.jpg

Love the table!  But, gotta ask, why is it built on a raised platform?

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Mike8560

June for working my patterns I have my table skinny enough to reach across a 60" roll. after all I cut my patterns down to 60" also so its works for me a 8" wide would be my choice for sewing up and binding a large mooring cover that always ends up fall off one side of my tables. and laying on the floor. :(

rustyeod

Hd
I did the platform for storage and closed in the bottom so stuff wouldn't roll under it.  I have the platform under the tabe to be at a comfortable height while sewing.  Moving the shop from my home shop has been a blessing since I tended to drag my feet walking down to the shop.  Now we drive our daughter to school and we continue on to the shop.

Mike8560

So Chris how many square feet is your shop? Is it detached from your home?
I'm Planning to set up a shop at home also.

Mojo

Hi Mike:

I have the bus and am on the road for the next month so my internet will be spotty. :)

The shop is 12 x 20 and is attached to the house. The garage we have was over sized so I was able to split off the back of the garage and turn that portion into my shop.

It works out great since I can use the heat and air ducts from the house and didn't need a separate system for the shop. I would have loved another 400 sq ft but then our shops are never big enough. :)

Chris