Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 12:24:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Need Yellow boat cover fabric

Started by timtheboatguy, February 27, 2013, 02:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Miami Mike

4. WHY DOES WEATHERMAX LT™ HAVE A DIFFERENT WEAVE?

WeatherMax LT™ has a different weave to make it lighter for applications where protection from the environment is the main concern.

5. WHAT DOES SOLUTION DYED YARN MEAN AND HOW DOES IT MAKE AN OUTDOOR FABRIC BETTER?

A solution dyed yarn is a yarn where the color has been added into the polymer before it is extruded into a yarn form.

Because the color is part of the polymer, the fade resistance of a solution dyed yarn is superior to the fade resistance of package dyed yarn and piece dyed fabric.  The solution dyed polymers in WeatherMax™ have been especially chosen for their ability to resist fading and retain fabric strength.

6. WHAT IS THE HYDROMAX™ FINISH?

The HydroMax™ finish is a highly water repellent finish that gives WeatherMax™ the ability to protect against heavy rain while keeping its breatheability and dimensional stability.

An anti-microbial component is added to the finish to prevent mildew growth on the fabric.  The HydroMax™ finish is extremely durable, providing many positive benefits, such as breatheability, resistance to mildew and dirt, and its ability to maintain a cooler temperature.

7.  WHY DOESN'T WEATHERMAX™ HAVE A BACK COATING?
WeatherMax™ does not have a coating to allow the fabric to breathe, so heat and water vapor can evacuate, which is essential in preventing mildew growth.

8. WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT IS GUARANTEED TO 1500 HOURS UV?  HOW LONG WILL THIS LAST?

WeatherMax 80™ comes with a limited warranty of 5 years (1500 hours).
WeatherMax LT™ comes with a limited warranty of 3 years (1000 hours).

9. HOW DO YOU TEST TO 1500 HOURS?

The fabric is exposed to UV rays for 1500 hours and the resulting color is compared to the initial color and rated.

10. WHAT IS THE COLOR RATING AFTER 1500 HOURS AND HOW DOES THIS COMPARE TO ACRYLIC FABRICS?

After 1500 hours, on a scale from 1 to 5, the color rating is 4.5, the same as Acrylic fabrics.

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

timtheboatguy

March 19, 2013, 08:35:23 pm #31 Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:40:14 pm by timtheboatguy
Well Trivantage had some discontinued yellow Aqualon, so I went with what I'm used to working with.

http://www.kloppenberg.us/lavy5.jpg
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Mojo

By gosh thats Yeller feller. )

Chris

scott_san_diego

Tim,

That looks real nice.  Has a real nice fit to it.
If you don't mind me asking,  what did you charge for the cover?  Take about 30 yards of 60" canvas?

Thanks Scott

timtheboatguy

Yeah, the boat has an extra long bimini top too, took every bit of 36 yards for the whole job. I was good and tired of yellow by the time this one was done!

Douglas MacArthur

timtheboatguy

Quote from: scott_san_diego on March 20, 2013, 06:46:42 am
Tim,

That looks real nice.  Has a real nice fit to it.
If you don't mind me asking,  what did you charge for the cover?  Take about 30 yards of 60" canvas?

Thanks Scott

Well, when I bid the job I did not realize that the bimini was a six bow top and I thought I was ordering extra material at 36 yards. As it turned out, I had to use a few scraps to make the boot. The bill came to just under 1200. Not sure how that compares, but with the amount of time I had in this, I didn't come out that great.

Douglas MacArthur

JuneC

Great looking cover!  I like working with Aqualon, even though it's not a premium product, I haven't had any complaints about it wearing out too soon.  For a large cover like that at least it doesn't weigh as much as a woven acrylic. 

Oh, and you're not the only one who underprices covers.  I've been at this for a long time now and I still do it regularly.  I just keep overestimating my ability to produce a great looking cover in record time.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

March 20, 2013, 05:41:45 pm #37 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:42:57 pm by Mike
looks good tim nice shop too !
fyi here id get 1200 for the cover and 500 for a 4 bow and boot   ive had that happen not realizing it a larger frame and just assumed
that reminds me ive got a similar cover less the forward deck to do soon

timtheboatguy

Quote from: Mike on March 20, 2013, 05:41:45 pm
looks good tim nice shop too !
fyi here id get 1200 for the cover and 500 for a 4 bow and boot   ive had that happen not realizing it a larger frame and just assumed
that reminds me ive got a similar cover less the forward deck to do soon

Thanks Mike,

The shop is divided up so that boat would not fit inside and get the door down but I don't pay much rent so working out in the cold is a must.

Douglas MacArthur

Mike

my first shop in NH ii had to work on the boats outside so I ended up with a big tent to get out of the rain and a space heater for the winter