Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 12:20:57 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

tyred of the cold ? move to florida

Started by Mike, January 22, 2017, 05:16:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Well that leaves me out. I hate math which is why I married a woman with a Masters in Math Education. I let her do the math for me.......:)

" Use measuring tools and perform basic math computations; "

Chris

byhammerandhand

Quote from: Mojo on January 23, 2017, 09:38:09 am
Well that leaves me out. I hate math which is why I married a woman with a Masters in Math Education. I let her do the math for me.......:)

" Use measuring tools and perform basic math computations; "

Chris

Me too, but after about 10 years, she gave up teaching, started doing and teaching taxes, got an Enrolled Agent certificate, then a CPA.  Then went to work in corporate accounting.    But I have bachelor's and masters' degrees in theoretical math.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Virgs Sew n Sew

I'm good with math, degree in Computer Science/Management.  I must admit, I was intrigued.  Then I got to the part about lifting 40-50 pounds overhead.  My fused spine started screaming at me.  As Emily Latella (SP?) once said, on Saturday Night Live, Never mind.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

gene

I too am good at numbers. If I take my shoes and socks off I can count to 20. If I drop my pants I can go all the way up to 21.

I am tired of the cold. I am allowing myself to be negatively impacted by the cold, i.e., I'm whining a lot about how cold I am all the time. I just do not like the cold any more.

If I should ever move to Florida, I would do so only to live there and not work.

I noticed that the ad for employment mentioned twice "Attendance and punctuality are important to the success of this position." Is that in reference to that type of job or the employment situation in Florida in general?

To quote Rosanne Rosanadana, from Saturday Night Live, "Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something -- if it ain't one thing, it's another.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Gene,
  While I can't speak for this employer I can understand the part about Attendance and punctuality. Florida is a state of transient people. Some stay forever, some are here for the winters and some are here for a day to a week. Employers run into all types. And the nature of transient is not really a highly employable people. Nothing bad about the people I was one once, but it is what it is.
  Also looking at it from an employer standpoint I have seen, in my short stint here, people that come to an interview, seem like they want the job, never show up and I am left hanging with WTF just happened LOL. So this company seems to be just trying to put it on the table and not have to deal with the no shows, late shows etc. Good luck to them.
  I have really been pretty lucky when it comes to employees. Most of mine have been responsible.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

byhammerandhand

Talked to my daughter's father-in-law a couple of weeks ago.  He and his brother run a small third-generation  bakery.

He has the same problem, getting people to show up regularly.   Millenials, near-retirees, doesn't matter.   They either get enough money to get by for the moment, or start reaching the point where their welfare payments will stop.   So they don't show up.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike

Quote from: gene on January 28, 2017, 02:20:42 pm
I too am good at numbers. If I take my shoes and socks off I can count to 20. If I drop my pants I can go all the way up to 21.

I am tired of the cold. I am allowing myself to be negatively impacted by the cold, i.e., I'm whining a lot about how cold I am all the time. I just do not like the cold any more.

If I should ever move to Florida, I would do so only to live there and not work.

id love not to work but i settled for work and play in florida its like half my life is back  half the year dormat in new England , me at play last week after work when it was 80 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Ajf0nUr8g

lilsuz

Smart move Mike! ;)
Gotta have fun in your life! Are you really working too?

Darren Henry

How much was that gig paying again? maybe I should be like that wave of illegals that have started walking across the border and applying for refugee status. Maybe your government would feed and house me until they could re-locate me to Florida. If they can flee your president I should be able to flee this weather.

We had a blizzard come through Monday and Tuesday. It had been quite mild so it started with rain, then freezing rain, then snow as the temps fell. We got 41 cm or about 14" of snow with winds gusting to 95 km/hr or just shy of 60 MPH. Roads were closed,  we closed the shop, just ugly. I spent 3-4 hours just to clean out the driveway yesterday.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

March 09, 2017, 07:37:41 pm #10 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:43:56 pm by Mike
Quote from: lilsuz on March 04, 2017, 09:05:50 am
Smart move Mike! ;)
Gotta have fun in your life! Are you really working too?
yes just did this last week

gene

Close to 70 F today. High of 32 F tomorrow. I wish these politicians would make up their minds on global warming.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!