Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 10:04:26 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Florida move

Started by chrisberry12, January 25, 2015, 06:40:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisberry12

Hi all,

We might be moving to the Tampa Bay Area in the next couple of years. I am looking to see if there is anyone in the area that might want to hire on someone (me). I have been working in the trade since 1982 and have been trained by a German Master and then by someone who worked under the master for 13 years. I work mostly on Furniture. You can see some of my work at www,onislandupholstery.com I own the business. Click on the Gallery tab on the site. Look forward to hearing from some Floridians. Not Gainesville, not interested in this local.

JuneC

Just saw this tonight.  Maybe you're not ready yet, but it wouldn't hurt to at least figure out who they are for future reference.  It's a bit south of Tampa.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mnu/4859960174.html

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

otlass

I am looking for somebody right now! A couple years seems long way out.

MinUph

Quote from: chrisberry12 on January 25, 2015, 06:40:24 pm
Hi all,

We might be moving to the Tampa Bay Area in the next couple of years. I am looking to see if there is anyone in the area that might want to hire on someone (me). I have been working in the trade since 1982 and have been trained by a German Master and then by someone who worked under the master for 13 years. I work mostly on Furniture. You can see some of my work at www,onislandupholstery.com I own the business. Click on the Gallery tab on the site. Look forward to hearing from some Floridians. Not Gainesville, not interested in this local.

Hi Chris,
  My shop is about 45 minutes west of Tampa and if the economy continues to open up I don't see a problem getting work in a couple of years. If your good. I'm sure you are. There isn't all that many places that put out top quality work but there is some. Look me up when your ready and we will see how it is then.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

paul you live in spring hill right? how long a drive to tarpon springs is it?

MinUph

Mike it's 45 to get to the shop and an hour or so to get home. Makes for a full day :)
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

chrisberry12

Hey Paul we are coming down mid April, if I have time maybe stop by. We have been looking at Tarpon beach. My wife is an Editor so she is looking too, most of those jobs are around Tampa and St. Petes

MinUph

Quote from: chrisberry12 on January 27, 2015, 06:53:59 pm
Hey Paul we are coming down mid April, if I have time maybe stop by. We have been looking at Tarpon beach. My wife is an Editor so she is looking too, most of those jobs are around Tampa and St. Petes

It looks like Tarpon Beach is by Fort Myers. That is south of me by 3 hours. I'm in Tarpon Springs.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Chris, I live 5 miles from Paul. I have a great idea. Bring down a bunch of cash and buy me out. For the right money I will include my bus so you can attend rally's. I am ready to re-retire. Our work is the easiest, most dull and boring work within our trade. Measure, cut, fold, sew. I can promise you that you will get burnt out three times a year and lose motivation 4 times a year. But the money is amazing. :)

All kidding aside, I have no experience with furniture so Paul is your best resource. Catalina Rick is also a great resource and does just about everything, auto, marine and some furniture. His shop is 5 miles from me and Paul. It seems the Tampa area is crowded. Springhill is fairly small but we have 4 shops. Paul could give you more of an idea on Tampa as I never venture down there unless I absolutely have to.

Paul, God Bless you. I couldn't handle driving hwy 19 twice a day. Whenever I go to Tarpin I head down the Suncoast and then back track off 52. I hate 19 with a passion.

Chris

chrisberry12

Yeh, I guess I got wrong local lol. We are going to look at Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, Ruskin, Apollo Beach, and several other places.

MinUph

Ahh then, that's better, stop by. Dunedin is a nice quaint place to live.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

chrisberry12

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the heads up, I wish I could come and take a job right now but there is a lot involved with the move so will take longer then most. We both need jobs and we have an Autistic son so we need to find the best place with programs for him. I also have my many customers to take care of here before any move. I also need to talk my wife into how great the state of Florida is. Her sister just moved to Tampa and my younger brother is in Tampa. I have many friends down there. We are coming April 15th this year to check some places out like Tampa, Sarasota, St. Petes and surrounding areas and we also want to see Jacksonville and St. Augustine.mnow we have five days to fit all this in and go to Bush Gardens lol. I look forward to visiting some of the members shops here.

Chris

baileyuph

Speaking of Florida, is there a tractor seat repair/reupholstery market down there? 

When I retire, maybe I could go to Florida and do those part time?

Those seats can be anything to work on -- molded, traditional, even some antiques to work on.

Having some fun, but never know.

Doyle

kodydog

Here in Suwannee County you would find plenty of work. Farm country. Seems like every 3rd or 4th truck you pass on the road is hauling some kind of heavy equipment. The county seat, Live Oak has a population of only 7000. But it has three tractor dealerships, three feed stores and a Tractor Supply store.

People here will spend more on a state of the art tractor then their house. And they are more apt to redecorate their tractor than their home.

And Doyle, I know a house with upholstery shop for sale. Turn key operation.   ;)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html