Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 09:06:19 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dodger windows again ( sorry )

Started by Grebo, December 18, 2014, 06:30:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

I know we have talked about this before, but I am darned if I can find the thread....
I am about to hit the key & buy another roll of clear vinyl.
Now one of the first rolls I every had was called crystal clear 20/20 @ 0.5mm. This was nice & clear & lasted well but seems to have dissappeared so I tried a taiwanese product which was 20thou = 0.5mm.  this is just ok, tends to be a bit swirly & a PITA to get off the roll.
So I am now looking at a product called Crystal view, which only comes in 10Thou = 0.5mm
My use is mainly for Dodgers which fold down & curtains that zip off.
The last 'sheets' I ordered where just called Crystal Clear, nice but the 'left covers' went all spotty in the tubes & unusable, my supplier insisted that it wiped off. It didn't & now they have stopped selling it.
They now sell a product called 'Ultra glass' very expensive & one the one job I used it on it shrank, a lot.
Strataglass doesn't like being folded down & of course there is the cost, a bit much for the run of the mill dodger :-)

So what do you all use ?

Thanks
Suzi

JuneC

Aqua-View, 30 gauge.  It's double polished, very clear, and seems to hold up well.  It comes in 20 gauge as well.  See page 35 here...

http://www.manart-hirsch.com/manart_hirsch_catalog/

Some eBay vendors sell it for crazy money, but it's around for less.  I'll have to look up what I paid for the last roll I got.  I seem to recall it being less than $10 a yard.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Thanks June I have emailed them about European suppliers or equivalent product.

Suzi

Mike

scottymc

Hey Mike, thanks for posting that link, it has a lot of information that I have been looking for :)

Grebo