Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 11:27:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

sungaurd 92

Started by jeepdoc, June 27, 2011, 09:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepdoc

Anyone else having issues with this stuff lately. Honestly first time using the stuff dont like it. The stuff seems thinner than other poly 92 thread and just dont work right at all. Tension problems etc. What thread are you other marine guys using?

JuneC

I'm partial to Dabond Bonded Polyester 92.  Or, I should say, my old Singer is partial to Dabond....  :-*  Loves it....

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

jsquail

Quote from: JuneC on June 27, 2011, 07:56:50 pm
I'm partial to Dabond Bonded Polyester 92.  Or, I should say, my old Singer is partial to Dabond....  :-*  Loves it....

June

Dabond 138 here, or at least my Consew likes it!

I got some Sunguard maroon for a buddy of mine to use and he said it left "red dust" all over his machine. I havent been to his place to see its effects, its just what he has told me.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Mike8560

I'm like June dabond poly 93 or tenara. 92

I used to get that  poweder or more of a fuzz from my thread but I forget what type I havnt seen it for a long time now

Mojo

I use a lot of Sunguard and Tenara and have not had any problems with the Sunguard. I use 132 in the Sunguard and it sews excellent. No tension issues, no dust, nothing.

I ordered two 1 lb spools from Miami Mike and threw it at my machine and it sewed great with just a little upper tension adjustment. There is so much knock-off counterfeit stuff going around that I am wondering if maybe you got a spool of it. I got a spool of Durabond Poly and it was absolute crap. It sewed terribly, wouldn't un-spool properly and was probably some cheap Chinese knock off that made it into the system. I tossed the spool out.

This is one of the reasons why I am sourcing all my supplies through Miami Corp now. The Chinese dumped a huge lot of counterfeit Sunbrella on the market 2 years ago as well as a bunch of cheap assed Poly thread. I know Miami is buying direct and keeps this stuff out of their stocks so when I order something I am getting the real deal.

I love the Sunguard I got from Mike and the way it sews. It has been an awesome thread for me.
It is a damn shame that our shores have become the dumping ground of inferior products. But I guess we can expect that with so much of our manufacturing base being shipped overseas.

Chris

regalman190

I use the Sunguard from Miami Corp. It's been great. However a few of the colored threads like reds and some lighter blues and greens do cause a lot of dust and separate. I'm going to try the Dabond but I won't totally give up on Sunguard.
Regal Canvas

Mike8560

Now I just use black or white. In the past when I saw the dust I used to use more l
colors.  I wonder if it was just the colored. Thread. ?
When I was about 20 I was a delevery driver for a time  and I  l
made deleveries to  a guy who made the roll up covers for dump trucks.
Later on I met him. In my store maybe 10 years later. Be told me he had healt issues from the dust from sewing.  I used to vet this build up from my thread on my machine on the tention disks on the top thread and on the bobbin  case requiring more often cleaning. 

jojo

I also use Dabond. I was having a problem where there was a lot of fuzz collecting around the tension disks. Since my machine was brand new, I thought it was a tension adjustment problem. But Gregg from Keystone told me to try a different cone of thread. I was skeptical, because it was a brand new cone. But sure enough, just that cone of thread turned out to be bad. It happens sometimes.

Grebo

Quote from: Mike8560 on June 28, 2011, 06:28:51 am
Now I just use black or white. In the past when I saw the dust I used to use more l
colors.  I wonder if it was just the colored. Thread. ?
When I was about 20 I was a delevery driver for a time  and I  l
made deleveries to  a guy who made the roll up covers for dump trucks.
Later on I met him. In my store maybe 10 years later. Be told me he had healt issues from the dust from sewing.  I used to vet this build up from my thread on my machine on the tention disks on the top thread and on the bobbin  case requiring more often cleaning. 

Funny you should say that, I occasionally use Red dabond 2000 V92 UVR polyester thread & that  leaves dust everywhere, but only the red seems to do it.
???

Peppy

QuoteFunny you should say that, I occasionally use Red dabond 2000 V92 UVR polyester thread & that  leaves dust everywhere, but only the red seems to do it.

Us too.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠