Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 03:30:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Driving Business

Started by Mojo, March 18, 2017, 07:51:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

If there is one thing I learned it is anything you post on the internet can help dive sales. We have built two companies also by what our customers post on the internet.

Lately, in an effort to drive sales I am embarking on producing video commercials for the internet as well as educational and instructional videos. We have a lot of DIY'ers as customers so these videos help drive sales.

Here are three videos that I produced that have given us bumps in sales. The last two videos will probably really drive sales at our second company. The entire idea behind these is to move yourself to the forefront on peoples minds which is called name recognition. The other idea behind these marketing videos is that they are soft sell's and by doing How to videos you soon become a partner with the customers project.

While I know some of this does not apply to many of you but for a few I am pretty sure it would help.

Here are the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALlhHRoE0Aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNYXeBXGmI0&t=7s

Commercial: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05lvrB2KkC0

Let me know what you think, good or bad. It was very time consuming putting them together, writing the scripts, getting the pictures I needed and then doing the voice over work and mixing everything afterwards. But in the end I think it was worth it. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

You're in the wrong line of work Buddy. You should be in pictures LOL. Very well made.

That "crane" you show in the first video to remove the slide out is THE BOMB!!! I don't know where we would store it at work when not in use but it would sure beat the way we do it.

Thanks for sharing and watch for a PM from me shortly.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

Nice job Chris. I didn't watch the whole video's simply because I don't own a motor couch. But what I did watch was very informative and well done. Google owns YouTube. Almost 70 percent of Search Engine market has been acquired by Google. The tech giant is always trying to improve the search engine algorithm to provide best results to the end-user. So it makes perfect since to get a video or two on YouTube to improve your SEO ranking. I have several videos on YouTube but none as professional as yours. Thanks for the info.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

March 26, 2017, 07:38:42 am #3 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:48:26 am by gene
I think it's a very well done video. Informative. Easy to watch.

Here are some thoughts. None are intended to be criticisms.

If someone cannot hear the audio very well, all they see is pictures going by. Did you consider putting titles on the pictures to highlight what is being talked about? (Chris: Please note that I said "titles", not "titties"."

What would you think about keeping your web site, or phone number, or email address, or any two, or all three, on the screen throughout the video? The purpose of the video is to get folks to call, or email, or check out your web site. Having this information on the screen throughout the video might make it easier for folks to write it down.

What do you think about putting a bit more emphasis on the fabric being imported from Germany? When I heard the word "import" I though of cheap crap from China. When I heard "Germany" I thought of quality and precision engineering. "Imported from Germany" is a great selling point.

I do appreciate and enjoy you sharing what you are doing with your company. Thanks.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Gene, Now you got me thinking. What if I could add a subliminal messages to my video/slide show. A naked lady on a chaise lounge for instance. A brief photo designed to pass below (sub) the normal limits of perception. I wonder if that would drive sales. You know, to give my furniture some sex appeal. Of course most of my customers are women so it would have to be a naked stud. Yeah, never mind.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

byhammerandhand

Front page of "commercial" should read, "The Nation's Leader..." not "The Nations Leader..."

Proper grammar shows attention to detail.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

QuoteGene, Now you got me thinking.
Glad to be of help, kodyDog.

QuoteThe Nations Leader
That's what Obama was hoping for with his one world government, IMHO.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!