Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:58:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

scissor lift table

Started by gene, August 06, 2015, 06:45:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I'm looking for plans to build a scissor lift table. Came across this scissor lift coffee table.

Kool sofa behind it also.

http://innovationshomedecor.com/lift-coffee-table/scissor-lift-coffee-table/

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

For work purposes or to use as a home furnishing ?
SA

brmax

This lift here might give some ideas for your project, I like the platforms useable area for work you and  others do a lot.
I didn't notice much on dimension but a 33" height is cool, I could see removing the ramp and maybe installing a sheet of slick plywood over the steel and maybe a slight tapered 4" band edge that could contact the floor.  I'm sure you know but will mention that this place also sells many air / over hydraulic operated jacks, so with a parts list of one you could implement that air benefit possibly.
Your picture is in a different caliber though I think that chrome job would pay for 3 of these hehe.
I would like that whole rooms furnishings, it rocks
Wished I had this lift from HF when I was tinkering around a lot with my old 650 Arctic Cat, I need to go hook the maintainer up to it, see ya and Good day there

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-69904.html

gene

I'm thinking of a scissors table for furniture upholstery. I find myself either sitting, leaning over, standing, or standing on a stool, to work on furniture.

If I had a scissors table I might be able to do more standing or sitting and less of the leaning over.

Pneumatic or hydraulic would be awesome but way over what I would want to pay for it. A ball screw is what I am thinking about. I would operate it with a pneumatic drill.

I will post pics if I get it build and I assure you that it will look nothing like the scissors table in the picture.  :)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

I've often thought about doing the same thing especially when my back is tight from leaning over.  I realized the bulk and weight of the apparatus  is going to be an issue.  What I settled on are different height horses and I work back and forth yet it's easy to fold and store away ether set.
SA

sofadoc

I use a hydraulic dental assistant chair as much as possible now. Like when I'm tacking on a skirt, and I don't want to squat for extended periods of time. I'll take the chair down low, and roll around the sofa all the while stapling my way to happiness. My work table has a lip so I can roll up close.

For extra tall pieces, I slide a platform out from under my work table to stand on.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

I'm in the same position. Getting to old to bend at the knees for any length of time.
  Dennis I'd like to see you hydraulic chair setup if you don't mind. I have an extra salon stylist chair I have thought about using but am concerned it would be in the way when not needed. Too heavy to move. I think the base would lower enough to put horses on either side I guess.
  The scissor lift seems like it would pose the same issue but both things seems handy when being used.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

August 08, 2015, 05:06:53 pm #8 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:18:18 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: MinUph on August 08, 2015, 12:41:19 pm
 Dennis I'd like to see you hydraulic chair setup if you don't mind.
It's similar to this one (but mine will go a bit lower)
http://www.salonguys.com/shelby-classic-hydraulic-stool-with-footrest.html?sel=ST-10BLK&utm_source=amazon-pads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ST-10BLK

The legs on my work table are recessed so I can "Taxi up close" to the sofa. Here is the work table. It is converted scaffolding:

BTW: I incorporated your idea about the 2 X 4 with caster wheels mounted to the front of my table saw so I can tilt it forward and roll it around. Pure genius.

baileyuph

An adjustable table, a great idea!!

I have two and counting another table, maybe three tables, at different heights and an adjustable one is over the top.

Keep a record of patterns and well everything because I will be interested in doing one.  I have noticed that my quality of work is more cnsistent when I can get a project at the right work height.l

If you have the space make at least two of these, after your first exerience of course.
For an extra table will save time moving work in progress off to do something else and then moving it back on.

Oh, the idea of being to work more comfortable is just the way to go.

And having the adjustment of height capability is an extra for furnitue, set the height for the area currently in work.

How did you come up with this, get tired of bending?

Doyle

MinUph

I guess i mis read your example of a dental chair I took it as a table base my bad. I'm still thinking of doing a small table with my wife's extra salon chair. If I ever get around to it I will post pics.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Here's how someone on one of the FB groups added a top to the Harbor Freight lift.

Darren Henry

I am set up like Dennis, but on a smaller scale. I have a hydraulic mechanics stool and an upholstered box roughly 12X18X8 or 9" high that was there when I crewed on. The lady that was there ahead of me is about my height.grin.

I also have a folding aluminum work step that is about 3 foot long and knee high. Absolute cat's for working on boats or such projects.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!