Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 03:31:24 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Christmass was saved

Started by Mike, December 24, 2011, 10:18:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I returned home early from an errand today to find a dog a red hunting dog wandering around out front. She had a tag and number on her.
A lady was Gerry hapy and came tomget her.  Said she left her with her dad a few roads over and somehow got loose be was t awnsering her calls as she was out when I called her they were all going to leave for the holiday this afternoon and christmass would have been ruined.
Made me feel good  merry christmass all

wind_rose_2

Being a dog lover and a grinch l would have kept the dog ;D
A very Merry Christmas to you Mike and to all my friends on the site.
We are back up in Canada for the Holiday but will be bringing some of this fresh air back to Florida with us for the New Year..see you soon Mike!
Dave

kodydog

December 24, 2011, 11:53:00 am #2 Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:56:24 am by kodydog
Hay Dave if your going to be near the oldest city in the USA the 30th, 31th or 1st stop by the armory for the antique show. Ask anyone in St Augustine for directions. My booth will be the one with all the upholstered pieces in it. (Another shameless plug) :D

Merry Christmas Mike
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

December 24, 2011, 12:07:23 pm #3 Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:09:13 pm by Mike
Ahh I  thought it was a bit hot Dave! You come back down and bring sine cold air  again.
Well the dog was happy he looknlost and enjoed the shade under my tree and some cold  water.

bobbin

Nice job, Mike.  It made me smile.  There's nothing worse than an AWOL (absent with out leash) dog. 

Darren Henry

December 27, 2011, 07:54:09 am #5 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:39:42 am by Darren Henry
That was a nice thing to do Mike. Lots of folks would have just called  the dog catcher.

Dave; don't too much of our air with you. Cold arctic air will flow right through Brandon and then Kenora to fill the void you create and I'm getting to like this being around freezing at Christmas time instead of 30 below. ;D

My dog story wasn't quite as good. Short version; I was parked in my brother in laws stall in Winnipeg over the holidays so that I could plug the heater in for Buddy. Sometime between we got home from church at 1:30 A.M and I went to let him out at 10:00 somebody stole his chain that was attached to the fence and laid beside the car.Then the heater that I just bought (used one night) crapped out. We came home right after my step-sons birthday cake yesterday before the temp. dropped to -17º C with rain/snow mix. Just as well;if I had kept eating like that I'd have had to borrow some Pro stitch shirts from Russ.LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!