Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:56:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My commission

Started by sofadoc, December 24, 2011, 07:58:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

December 24, 2011, 07:58:10 am Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 07:25:25 am by sofadoc
A guy pulled up to my shop the other day with a truckload of upholstery tools and supplies. I stopped him at the door, and told him that I've bought out 3 shops in the last couple of years, and can't really use anything he has.
He said that his mother got too old to do the work, and this stuff has been
sitting in his garage for the last 4 or 5 years.  
I advised him to advertise some of the larger items on Craigslist. He said that if I would sell the sewing machine for him, and give him the money for the machine only, I could keep the rest of the stuff.
The machine was a Singer 211G. I sold it on Craigslist the next day for $400, and called him to come get his money.

Among the items that were part of my "commission" were:
Several full, or partial rolls of denim, cambric.
A Klinch-it gun with nearly full case of clips
A rawhide mallet, brass tack hammer
Various nearly full boxes of nailheads
Various quanities of tack strip, nail strip, pli-grip
Huge boxes of hog rings, t-nuts
Tons of button molds
Tufting needles, curve needles
Assorted hand tools (staple lifter, tack lifter, etc.)
Various other stuff
Did I do OK?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

December 24, 2011, 09:24:54 am #1 Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:26:32 am by gene
A stranger trusted you. Where you did OK the most, is that you were trustworthy.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

Kindness is the rare coin that returns the spendthrift twofold yet leaves the miser penniless...

What Gene said...