Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 07:48:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The power of prayer

Started by sofadoc, November 30, 2011, 03:04:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Just to follow up. I think that my prayerful customer has finally had a revelation. She has agreed to start looking for 14 yards of something else.
She had found the 11 yard piece in a closeout bin. She says that the LORD spoke to her and said it would be enough (I think it was really her pocketbook that spoke to her). Maybe she shouldn't spend so much money on shoes for legless people (see previous post).
Prayer can be a powerful tool. But it requires more effort than just kneeling, and clasping hands. I could pray that I wake up tomorrow, and find a new Cadillac in my driveway. But unless I write a check, I don't think it's going to happen.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

Lol.

Amen to that, brother Sofa.!

CreativeCanvas

Granpappy Jack used to like to say: Pray in one hand and poop in the other. See which one fills up first ...

sofadoc

December 10, 2011, 12:46:05 pm #33 Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:34:21 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: CreativeCanvas on December 10, 2011, 12:32:14 pm
Granpappy Jack used to like to say: Pray in one hand and poop in the other. See which one fills up first ...
My Grandmother always said "Want in one hand.....shell peas in the other".
She had other witticisms, such as "A POOR ride is better than a PROUD walk"
She would send me to the store once a week for:
Dark brown   Bob size   Extra small mesh    hair nets.
The hair net rack had every possible combination of color, size and mesh. So it was easy for little sofadoc to come back with the wrong ones. When this happened, it was because "Ye went up thar with yer fanger in yer tail!"

gene

December 10, 2011, 02:53:48 pm #34 Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:11:32 pm by gene
Mr. CreativeCanvas,

We have one of those churches nearby that likes to put pithy sayings on their marquee.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/genejoe/black%20and%20white%20chair/churchsign2.jpg

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I've always wondered about those "cutesy" church signs, such as "You think it's hot HERE?" or "What's missing from ch__ch?........UR"
Do they really think they're winning anyone over to the Lord with clever signage?

It was a better time when our church signs only listed the hours of worship, and nothing about poop. But I guess if it didn't say something funny, most people would fly right on by.

God answers KNEE-mail!  (I'll bet that one converts the sinners by the multitudes).

CreativeCanvas

Quote from: gene on December 10, 2011, 02:53:48 pm
Mr. CreativeCanvas,

We have one of those churches nearby that likes to put pithy sayings on their marquee.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/genejoe/black%20and%20white%20chair/churchsign2.jpg

gene

That is unfreakinbelievable Gene! Word for word?! Granpappy Jack's spirit still lives! And in Missoura?

Hear ya SD. I liked it better when the marquee listed the pastors name, hours of worship, mebbe bingo night. Or perhaps the upcoming Bazaar?

Sadly nowadays I fear virtually everything has been politicized, commercialized, and/or propagandized. Hey don't be too hard on 'em. The church is just tryin' to spread the word, and turn a profit ...?