Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:47:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Outdoor Support Material

Started by brmax, August 15, 2016, 09:07:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Good Morning!
I need some help from you all, I am working up a outdoor product and need a flexible material for sandwiching between canvas for bottom support and this following was my plan but I don't want the expense of it, clear vinyl yet the marine, beach durability is required.
It may be possible for this selected product to replace the bottom completely so that's optional.
Appreciate your experience on anything you might recommend or have used.
Thanks and good day
Floyd

Darren Henry

Quoteclear vinyl yet the marine, beach durability is required.

Why clear if it's being sandwiched between canvas? I've had good results using Herculite as a supporting fabric on chairs etc...
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

brmax

Sorry, I meant to say something extremely cheaper than clear. I'm not about to use even the cheap clear, its to expensive.
Was thinking along the lines of .040 clear, tough ( using that as ex. ) something vinyl/pvc/whatever.
Thanks I will take a look at the herculite, haven't seen any of it but heard of some using it at times.

Floyd

brmax

So I looked in sample book my only 1 big white binder ( I'm focused ) I made on top is herculite ? go figure.
It looks to be about the same as what I have at the moment with coated material.
I used some folded over some top gun and it seem like it would be perfect so stitched a bit and for that particular project will work good. It is 2" or doubled 5" rim base for a bag, just an o common bag.

Thanks guys
Floyd