Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 03:26:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Rocker

Started by SteveA, January 02, 2015, 12:42:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

My own chair - found at the curb 20 years ago - finally with these off days  re-glued + recovered it after a friend gave me a few yards of mohair - the Mrs. liked the color.  Great fabric - doesn't leave a print mark like velvet - the buttons were a pain because the fabric was thick. Sewed the seat corners - too thick to fold fabric over and pleat - added cotton + dacron over old fillings -  Still have to do some touch up on the wood - new life for an oldie but goodie - it's headed into the L/R -
the back rest is early ergonomics

kodydog

Nice find Steve. Great fabric selection. I like the the scroll work on the arms.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

I love that rocket. Good choice of color on the fabric.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

Nice job Steve. It looks very comfortable.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

Thanks for the nice words - I rushed the back and instead of putting curve edge or a gimp I just cut some 3/4 wide fabric with the razor and hot glued it on.  The edges are a little rough - lucky it's not a customers chair.