Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 06:28:39 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thoughts & Prayers For Mike & John

Started by Mojo, December 17, 2014, 05:50:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Wishing your brother a quick recovery, Mike. That is great news that he has movement in his feet so quickly.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

That's good news, Mike.  I'm glad to hear it.  My mother had a severe stroke in 2004 and she made a remarkable physical recovery, largely due to excellent PT.  The trick is to keep at the regimen even when discouragement is high!

Darren Henry

I had a quick chat with Mike yesterday and shared a couple of texts later in the day. John has more test tomorrow, but so far he is doing very well and is in good spirits. Keep those wishes coming---they must be working.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Glad to hear that things are looking up for Mike's brother John.

My father had a stroke in 1974 and was able to recover nearly 100%.

Bob's sister had a stroke not long after we moved back to Grand Island.  Her's was very severe and initially she had lost use of her right arm and leg.  She spent months at the Madonna Center in Lincoln.  Madonna Center is a rehabilitation center,  I think for brain injuries.  She still has balance and short term memory issues but is able to live a pretty good life.  Her memory issues prevent her from returning to her nursing career so she's on disability income.  She knows how to be very fragile so she's able to live independently.  She's a diligent gardener and saves bunches of money off her grocery bill in the summer, due to her garden.  I think that is what saves her financially.  Almost 8 years later, she's applied for a job for the first time since her stroke (not in nursing) and was interviewed last week.  My point to all of this is that sometimes it is a very long recovery but is definitely possible.

Virginia

brmax

Mike I am sorry to hear about your brothers health, prayers are said for you both.
Its best wishes to you Guys and Happy New Year!
Good Day there

Mike

thanks,  john had his second full day at a rehab center . 8 days after  his surgery he said he can feel his strength coming back and was able to walk the hall  and did steps up and back down backsteps today

Darren Henry

EXCELLENT !!! Sounds like he's gonna kick your butt in the re-hab contest LOL. Say hello and congrats for me please.

Are you all set up at home yet? At least you didn't have long in the last place to "acquire" alot of extra stuff. I was in my last shop for 6 or 7 years. Apparently I'm a pack-rat. What a gong show my move was.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

January 02, 2015, 01:49:40 pm #22 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:51:40 pm by Mike
Yes darren i got everything ready to sew at home. I still need to tity things stored a bit as my sewi g shop is small and  all tools to install pattern ect and in the garage or mudroom.  
I did have some stuff left at the last place. I just didnt have time or a empty truck when i left over christmass
First repair job this weekend then a cover and some windows follow.