Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 03:45:15 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Need advice on fabrics

Started by Rcrabb, May 11, 2015, 06:11:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rcrabb

I picked up a job for a dentist office. Seven waiting room chairs. I need to get some fabric sample books and a supplier for fabrics. I mostly do vinyl work but I've been getting more fabric requests. Can someone advise me on some fabric books. I'll post a picture of the chairs.

lizzieb

Where are you located? If in the Northwest, I would recommend Rex Peg out of Washington . I think they are in the Seattle area. Have always had good service from them.

Darren Henry

I've been getting more and more requests for Crypton fabrics from the medical community up here. I get mine from J.Ennis fabrics. They have an American outlet in Indianapolis. Another perk to them is their fabrics etc... are all on their website and once you have registered you can actually drape their fabrics on the appropriate style of furniture and get a virtual look at what the finished project will look like in that fabric.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

bobbin

Douglass Industries  www.dougind.com  .  I've had great luck with them over the years.  They primarily deal with fabrics for the hospitality and healthcare industries.  Crypton features prominently in their offerings.  They carry an extensive line of attractive vinyls, as well. 

I have used their fabrics several times in marine interior applications with great success.  They sell "to the trade".  They are helpful and generous with samples (I return the favor by not going overboard requesting samples).  They have fabrics that cover a variety of price points and I've found them invaluable for that reason.