Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 06:49:08 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

beat the rain

Started by Mike, May 01, 2013, 05:24:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I got a pontoon patterned with a blank today lucky there were walk planks on the sides of the got lucky and was don't at 10 am then when I started sewinf the rain opened up hard.

gene

I like Florida rain. It pours buckets and buckets, and then 30 minutes after it quits you can't tell it ever rained.

80 degrees here in SW Ohio yesterday and today.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

May 01, 2013, 07:56:12 pm #2 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:56:38 pm by Mike
yes gene it will be pushing 90  tehen th rain come and its like the ac got turned on droppuing 10 degrees or more

Darren Henry

I woke up to snow on the ground yesterday and our high was just over freezing. Eighty miles N.E of here where I grew up got 43 cm (roughly 22") of snow.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

regalman190

I like the Florida rain too. Like Gene said.....heavy rains, then the sun comes out and it's dry as a bone. Here in western NY, it rains, and rains, and rains, and maybe snow, and more snow, and all with gray dingy skies. Why do I live here?
Regal Canvas

JuneC

We're having a rainy spell this week, though. We had maybe 2 inches yesterday and woke up to thunder again this morning.  It's supposed to dry up by Sunday.  More than 1 day of rain in Florida is very unusual.  Summer rain is really fun, though.  I've seen it rain so hard a few hundred yards down our street the water ran down the side of the road.  Meanwhile, we never lost sunshine at our house and the street is dry.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Im standing around waiting to install this cover now. Hopefully i ge a break or at least it will let up this afternoon. But i think im going to get wet ive got to install it. By tomorow.  Steady rain.

Mike

well after 12 the rain let up then stopped and I got it on

JuneC

Looks great, Mike!  Still raining here - probably 6 to 8 inches by now and still coming down.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat of today.  In one area up the road, over 300 cars stuck in deep water on a major roadway and the local hospital has flooding in the first floor from a rising lake on the property.  It hasn't stopped raining since about 11 this morning.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

May 02, 2013, 03:28:34 pm #9 Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:31:38 pm by Mike
Thanks. Suns been out here for a while now still.
Ive vot to meet eith the neighbor in the morning on the. Sllan e as the ownerz in canada.  The. Another pattern job.

Mojo

June:

Back in the 80's when my parents had a place in Port St. Lucie we used to go down to the beach on Hutchinson island. We would see a rain storm coming in off the Atlantic, pack up our things and head to the car. 15 minutes later the rain would blow over and the sun was back out. We would grab our things and head to the beach again.

I could be wrong but it seems like these quick rain storm patterns in Florida have changed since the 80's. Alot of times we get rain that hangs on for hours or all day.

Talked to the wife last night and she said it has been raining for two days. Not fun when you have to let 3 german shepherds out and then bring them back in and wipe them all done and clean them up a few times a day. :(

Mike, your work never ceases to amaze me. You are " Dah man ". :)

Chris

kodydog

Quote from: gene on May 01, 2013, 05:41:30 pm
I like Florida rain. It pours buckets and buckets, and then 30 minutes after it quits you can't tell it ever rained.

80 degrees here in SW Ohio yesterday and today.

gene

Can't tell it rained except the humidity is 90%  :)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

When i had a offshore fishing boat you could see storms all around you and stay clear