Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 02:45:36 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Decorative nail guns

Started by Material girl, September 30, 2013, 07:55:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Material girl

Hi! I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some information on decorative tack guns. They are all so expensive but it is necessary for my sanity that I purchase one.  Driving studs is driving me nuts!  Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sofadoc

Welcome to the forum MG.

For more responses, you should post in General Discussion.

We've had several posts regarding the Uffy  decorative nail gun that is advertised at the top of this page. The best price ($598) for that one is here:
http://www.kingrichardco.com/THTDECO1/Default.htm

It has one major advantage over other models. You don't have to buy special nails on a magazine-type roll. You can use the same nails that you drive with a tack hammer.

A possible DISADVANTAGE with this model is that you need an air compressor with an air consumption of at least 6.713 SCFM. A smaller compressor will run non-stop. Also, most AC's that size are 220V. So if you don't already have a large capacity air comp., you'll have that extra expense.

Some have posted that the Uffy nailer is a little difficult to control, and may scratch the nailheads (they get scratched rolling around in the air canister).

There are other brands on the market, but more expensive.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

papasage

if i was not  so close to retirement i would buy one  but at 67  and  50 years in business i am ready to sell out and retire . brass tacks are coming back .
just recovering 40 years