Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:48:19 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Can you help with spray guns?

Started by bobbin, August 23, 2013, 04:57:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Quote from: MinUph on August 27, 2013, 05:31:08 pm
I empty mine yearly if I remember. I don't remember like I use to lol
Same here.

My trusty BEA stapler recently seized up on me. I drained about a gallon of rusty water out of  my compressor, took my gun apart and cleaned all the rusty gunky buildup out of it with Marvel Mystery Oil, greased the O-rings, and put it back together. Good as new.

That's why I'm loyal to BEA. You can't ruin them even if you neglect them.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

Looks like  my compressor is going to have a spa day today.  A little TLC should make it feel "special" and thanks for your time and thoughts on compressors. 

BigJohn

I think this would be a good application for an "HVLP" (high volume low pressure)unit that comes with a turbine rather than a compressor and one would have to change parts in the gun to make it work with the variety of materials you are talking about.

bobbin

OK, the more you look at things and think about them, the more you learn (what a concept). 

My PC compressor has a drain plug that is a reverse twist (for lack of a better description).  You have to turn it to the right to loosen it.  The O ring that seals the chamber is roached!  I see that I will have to do some detective work to locate replacement O rings... nothing on Northern or Harbor Freight (as far as I've been able to deduce).  We've managed a "stop gap" fix with Teflon tape, but it isn't perfect. 

I gave it a CLR douche and the resultant gunk was impressive.  The procedure was repeated a couple of times and then the tank was rinsed a couple of times.  I feel  better now, esp. after Mojo's comment that he's never seen a tank blow up!

Can anyone help me with replacement parts... sp. O rings?

baileyuph

I have had good luck at auto parts store.

Doyle

MinUph

September 01, 2013, 05:05:49 pm #20 Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:06:13 pm by MinUph
The big box store Home Depot and Lowes have drawers full of o rings. In the plumbing departments.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

brmax

The drain could be purchased at an auto parts probably easier,  if i might suggest only because i have had more problems with the little wings finger just turning freely in past situations from draining these tanks for 35 plus years in garages and mobile vehicles. I have found though if a heavy duty " street " 90 fitting can be taped and installed in the tank a 2 buck 1/4" ball valve can be used. I realy found these work super, especialy if the handle has some clearance. My input basicly is stop by ace hardware with the old piece, good luck take tommorow off and let ace do the work.
Good Day