Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 11:59:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Half Patterning

Started by timtheboatguy, June 11, 2012, 04:32:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Yes i double. Ut ehen making the top. The lanels were more complidated i doing each seemed best.
No trims and as far as anexiety no more then normal
O knew it should fit   I patterned the dockside it was more dificult fitting and snappinf the  canal side from insside the boat. Id do it again but id say each csse is different. Ill alway half pattern a mooring cover but alot more csn go erong eith a enclosure   

Peppy

Sweet! The double cut too! The cherubs must have been pretty thick in your corner of utopia. Soon you'll be making the entire thing in one shot!

Funny that I think there's more to go wrong on a mooring cover than an enclosure. On an enclosure you can always trim one side of the zipper, or make a new material piece at the bottom. There's so many places available to fudge, whereas a mooring cover has to be bang on. You can't easily move a seam that's been top stitched.

Also funny that I've got you making 1/2 patterns since for the last year or so I've been making whole patterns of bow covers due to you.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mike

Why no 1/2 on bow covers peppy?
I didnt do the bow. Over but i just installed this cockpit  cover

It was a 1/2 i patterned the right sode that had a transome passage cover so i just iliminste it for the other side.

Peppy

I stopped doing 1/2 bow covers because they're so small and quick to do a whole that its not worth it finding center and dealing with any aerials or what ever on non-pattern side. I've also found that bow covers aren't usually made in utopia since the snaps are more often than not askew one side to the other. I've found it's just easier to make the whole thing and be done with it than carefully measure and check and check and double check. And they're such small potatoes that the double cut thing isn't much of a benefit.

Nice tarp Mike. Nice with the beaver tail one one side. Here's one for you-

And the tarp-

Unfortunately there are still Bayliners in utopia.
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

bobbin

I just finished a slipcover class that was all about "double on the half" combined with traditional pin fitting.  The whole idea was to minimize the time spent on the trickier parts of slipcover fitting by doing it one time and then "moving on".  I'd long suspected it could be done was too chicken to try it with someone else's fabric. My project turned out really well and I will using the technique to further cut time on fitting. 

Mike

Quote from: Peppy on June 30, 2012, 06:28:48 pm

Unfortunately there are still Bayliners in utopia.

As tou can see pep my sorking inviorment i have to do the pattern while boat is on a lift. 
And i had a nice bayliner gas was a killer though.