Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:41:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Storm

Started by SteveA, August 26, 2017, 05:26:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Doc - I saw the Texas Attorney General on the news this morning talking about some low lives charging $ 90.00 for a case of bottled water -  they need to get some real Texas justice sent their way. 
Hope you're far enough North and out of the way - stay safe - you and the Family. 
SA

sofadoc

I was in Corpus Christi just last Monday. They were already getting prepared. Network news crews were already checked into hotels all around us.

I agree. They should hang price gougers that prey on victims during a crisis. But on the other hand, everybody had at least 4 days notice to either stock up or get out of town. Anyone stupid enough to stay probably deserves to pay $90 for water.

I live over 300 miles inland. We'll get a lot of rain, but that's about it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

QuoteWe'll get a lot of rain, but that's about it

So if a case of bottled water is worth $90 to some schuck to lazy to fill a couple of 5 gallon water cans ahead of time, what would a tanker truck of 'organic hydration" sell for?  In the drier regions you could market it as steer fuel. For the snobby centres you could promote it as "imported spa and pool liquid" . Throw in a large roll of poly and sell them in Minnesota as "ice skating rink kits" . I'm not sure where you'd get funnels that big to fill them on this short notice---but???

Glad to hear you're gonna be alright. I haven't really followed it up here but thought of you and our members in Oklahoma,Nebraska etc...and wondered how much would impact you.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!