Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:57:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Button Tufting

Started by Chuck D, January 05, 2014, 09:53:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck D

Just curious on todays going rate per button on tufted pieces? Do you all charge extra per button? Ballpark on what you think is a fair rate per button?
Thanks,
Chuck

SteveA

There is a lot more to consider than just tying off a button.  Here's a photo of a H/B made by a friend last week.  About 50 buttons, ply wood base - 4 inch foam, tufting. Delivery and set up included.  He made it from scratch in the NYC area.  The ends were cut to show deep tufting along the edges, -  customers fabric - the job ran $ 2400.00.

MinUph

I charge Standard labor plus 2.50 a button. This is for redoing and existing piece. Cotton topper and recover.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

baileyuph

Quotethe job ran $ 2400.00

That, on the surface sounds like a very good price.  I guess he made the headboard, so that makes it more understandable.

Good professional work can cost,

Doyle

SteveA

Yes he made the H/B - it was just 3/4 ply wood cut to shape.  Customer supplied material.   Even though it was complete service from start to finish - it was over priced but I guess this shop justifies prices based on the cost of doing business here in NYC area.  Small business really has a challenge here to stay afloat -

Gov Cuomo is trying to freeze our property taxes for two years - it's an election year.  At least he's attempting to do the right thing but it's only a band aid from my view. They probably spent more studying the impact of freezing taxes then what they'll save homeowners.
SA