Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 09:08:56 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

72" WHITE CHANNELING ANYONE?

Started by scarab29, February 24, 2012, 08:46:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

Went to quote q job the other day and the gunwhale pads wrapped in white channelling are 6' long. All I have ever seen is 54" channelling . The pleats run up and down so i am trying to avoid a seam . Origional had no seam so must be 72" channelling out there somewhere !!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

February 24, 2012, 01:53:43 pm #1 Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:06:00 pm by Mike
All the quilted ive got has the pleats running across the roll 54"  so if its a 6' bolster  cut it 6' and being 54" side you can get a iht 4 normaly.  This glacial. bAy i did went all around the. bOat and the longest were mayby 8' long.
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/Upholstery/photo-43.jpg

Mike

February 24, 2012, 01:55:38 pm #2 Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:06:46 pm by Mike
I just figure if i need 2 yards to do two with extra thats what it costs, time and material
and i have left over to whip out a cooler seat for someone

Eric

The pleats are railroaded. Buy 2 yards and you'll be good to go.
Eric

JuneC

Yep, what Mike says.  Quilting is "raliroaded" - across the roll so you could make them 20' long if you wanted to.  No seams necessary. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

DBR1957

Doing some coaming pads myself right now. Material is railroaded. One suggestion,
If the boards are 6 feet long get 2.5 yards.

Mike

on that glacial bay i did ive alwy used the quilet on the face with smooth ends and piping  but the glacial had once piece of the quilted with darts sewn at the corners  ive seen some really chea looking jobs that just christmass wrapped the ends , so i tried this  as thats hows it was and found it fast and easy.

thats how i did mine also

scarab29

Duh , I'm on crack  :o

Thanks for the wakee up call !! :P
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.