Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 07:20:14 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Attached back cushions to the wall

Started by gene, June 15, 2018, 06:51:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I have a built in banquette that will have 5 back rest cushions attached to the wall. The cushions will be made with a wood substrate. What hardware would you use to attach the cushions? There is a decorative wood lip over the back area so I am not able to slide the cushions downward to install. I will need to push the cushions straight onto the wall.

Thank you,

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

I've used the christmas tree clips on padded arm rest panels - seems to work well.  The car guys use them for door panels
SA

MinUph

Velcro. 2" selfstick to the wall with a few staples if possible.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

That decorative wood lip is a problem. Any chance they could make the back attached to the seat frame? That's how we did this theater built in.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

Interesting question Gene for I very recently did cushions for our major state university and that was
my assignment(just make these cushions)!  I followed the assigned spec but wondered how the cushions would be installed at the university.  Made the cushions their designer(s) prescribed, can't remembered the total number and a truck picked them up.  Like implied, didn't catch on how they would be installed?

They had a cabinet maker make the frames, I guess a visit to the college I could see how it all came
together.  An unusual involvement, for me.

Overall, a big project, my part was literally just part of the big picture.

Designers do their things their way, I guess?

Doyle

Darren Henry

Two ideas come to mind;

If it is tufted you can use a wood screws and  snaps to mount it to the wall and cover those with durasnap buttons.

If it isn't tufted you can still use those big picture hangers that they use to mount mantelpieces etc...Just put them on "upside down" so that the backs slide up into place and then let the seat cushion run under the back to hold it up.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!