Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:35:04 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Quick Hello

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, October 02, 2016, 03:11:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Haven't been on here at all for probably several months.  Finally was able to start walking the dogs again and it kicked my butt for quite some time.  Plus, I have been reasonably busy.  Just about have finished a set of patio cushions for a customer.  Very straightforward and an enjoyable project I must say.  Besides that, the usual alterations, weddings, etc.   I definitely keep busy.

If I can keep on schedule this week, I can have most of my projects finished and back to the customers.  That is a mighty big if though as I was less than a block from home with Joe yesterday and stepped in a pot hole.  It was covered with leaves (that time of year) so I couldn't see it until it was too late.  I'm walking on it, albeit very gingerly, and do have a nice knot on the outer ankle.  So, I put an Ace wrap on it and drug out my crutches to use again.  :sigh:

Hope all are well and busy!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

kodydog

The straight forward jobs are the best.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

Good to hear from you V  - same old same old here - we need more participation as usual.  Are you ready for a business man president ?
Your friend
SA

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: SteveA on October 03, 2016, 04:14:17 am
Good to hear from you V  - same old same old here - we need more participation as usual.  Are you ready for a business man president ?
Your friend
SA

Hello Friend!

That isn't going to happen as long as he's denigrating women for being fat, ugly, pigs, etc.   Then throw minorities into the mix and he's got a snowball's chance in hell of being elected.  He was rising in the polls and actually leading in several major polls (when he was staying on script).  Then started "shooting from the hip" again and now he's tanking again.  Only way that will happen is if they hire a look alike for the next five weeks.

Gotta go get my  still swollen ankle up and put fresh ice on it.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

SteveA

It does come across that way in some misaligned form but I think most know he really isn't that way toward women and minorities. 
Women rule his business with the highest positions and the Dem's have done nothing for minorities in 50 years.
Health care and trade need attention -  I'm only saying !
SA

Rich

October 03, 2016, 04:44:33 pm #5 Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:45:34 pm by Rich
Quote from: SteveA on October 03, 2016, 08:37:40 am
It does come across that way in some misaligned form but I think most know he really isn't that way toward women and minorities.  
Women rule his business with the highest positions and the Dem's have done nothing for minorities in 50 years.
Health care and trade need attention -  I'm only saying !
SA

Now Steve, that's not entirely true, the democrats have made it look like they've been helping minorities for many decades all the while making sure those same people have become more and more dependent on them for more social programs.
It's not easy to treat an entire group of people that poorly and still get them to wholeheartedly endorse you, so cut them some slack eh?

Speedy healing Virg.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

Darren Henry

QuoteGotta go get my  still swollen ankle up and put fresh ice on it.

It's about time you bought those dogs a treadmill and get yourself some nice safe gold fish to play with. grin.

Speedy recovery!!
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Darren Henry on October 04, 2016, 04:44:52 am

It's about time you bought those dogs a treadmill and get yourself some nice safe gold fish to play with. grin.

Speedy recovery!!

LOL!  We do have a treadmill.  Missy has been walking across it (not turned on).  I'm thinking she would love walking, probably running, on it.

Goldfish are so boring.  All they do is stare at you and swim in circles.

And may I remind you that Missy broke my knee in the back yard?  I admit thinking I am too old for this crap as I limped home with Joe foaming at the mouth over a cat half a block down. 

Still a little tender to the touch this morning but not much swelling now.

Did get an interesting phone call yesterday while I was lounging about on the couch. 

I made side doors for a vehicle last fall.  Files are downstairs so I don't remember the name.  Larger than a golf cart but used to check the grounds at the VA Hospital here.

Anyway, the guy who had me fashion it for him, called me.  He wants me to make him 2 new bimini for his pontoon.  Said that he'll either bring me the old stuff either today or tomorrow.  Best of all, he doesn't need it until early spring as he's already got his pontoon in his slip for the off season.  I'll be through the lion's share of my alterations this week.  I think I'll be done with the patio furniture by the end of the weekend.  I've started taking off weekends but I'm so close to finishing that project, plus it's a nice check coming in, so am trying to hurry it along and get it finished up.  So, timing is great.  Just will need to get the fabric ordered and in and will get to going on it.

Also have a woman with 3 chairs that I told her I'd call the beginning of November for more specifics.  I'll get her called either the end of next week or the beginning of the week after.   Hard to believe that it is October already.  This year has sped by.

Need to go cruise the web and see if anything significant happened last night.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Mike

HI VIRGINIA   been busy here and im as guilty not stopping in , with work and also a new canvas forum theres oly so much time I havnt been walking my dogs here due to road work that's been going on for 19 months now still to go till nest sprig it all firt af mud outside my house as the road is all tore up