Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 04:52:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Nat Danas Passed away

Started by ahkahn, May 22, 2012, 07:39:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ahkahn

baileyuph

It is our loss, his efforts were a guiding light for years. 

Thanks for posting Andrew, I knew he had been ill for a few years.

Doyle

Rich

It's a sad day for the auto trim industry which would not be what it is today without the efforts of Nat Danas. He started the National Association of Auto Trim Shops and it's publication, Auto Trim News back when many shops were in desperate need of guidance and direction. He worked tirelessly for the betterment of this industry and was a good friend and mentor to many, but he always maintained a humble spirit, preferring to let his accomplishments speak for themselves. And many were his accomplishments! I remember back in the 80's when he was still living in NY, he would come to my shop to help organize trimmers to meet together and discuss our concerns. He always put the industry ahead of himself, organizing countless events, programs and gatherings to work out the problems every trim shop owner faces. This, he did while his imagination was engaged in anticipation of the next  big trend and how a trim shop might benefit from it.
I feel honored to have known him and I know I speak for many when I say I will miss this legend of the auto trim industry.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

TheHogRing

A great loss indeed. May he rest in peace.